Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Credit Crunch

Credit Crunch

It was all going well for my new business, 'Bob's Cockle Emporium' in Hull, don't know if any of you have been there. Sales just dried up, nobody wanted cockles of any variety- pickled, grilled, steamed, poached, fried, in a jam, cockle ice cream, cockle beer, cockle pie, cockle ketchup, cockle pizza, cockle stuffing, spatchcock cockles, mashed cockles, smoked cockles, dried cockles, cockle kebab, cockles and chips, cockle butties, cockle soup, cockle gravy, cockle curry, cockle hot-pot... the list goes on. Talk about diversifying. The good people of Hull just didn't want to know, Conan II my dog was also getting sick of them, especially when I fed him a poisonous type of cockle that made him hallucinate for two days. (for the record these cockles never were on general sale). I now have 3 ton of frozen North Sea cockles to get rid of, my shop has been taken over by a lefty caff ('Cinammon Tree' or some such crap). I blame the lefties for this downturn, to much protesting over runways and other advancements that business can't get a foothold- unlike it did when Thatcher was in. Baxtards!
    Who's doin the FRA at the weekend?

Re: Credit Crunch

Ahh, it's been such a long time #bob# (or more likely I haven't been paying attention).

It takes a certain confidence and genius to conceive of and produce cockle jam. Do the various laws of physics, chemistry and cookery allow for such a substance to exist in a stable form in this universe? Perhaps they do in Hull.

I used to live in Hull and can't comprehend a lefty cafe taking off there at all. Then again, Hull City were bottom of the 4th division and Boothferry Park was a draughty hell hole.

Does the stripper still grace the Piper of a Sunday lunchtime? Off thread I know, but ahhh the memories. Good luck with all things cockly #bob#, whether fictitous or real .

ST

Cockle cake is my favourie. Now if you'd only sold that, the world would have been your oyster.

I'll get the obvious ones in first!
    Fitness can't be stored. It must be earned over and over, indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry H Howgill View Post
    Cockle cake is my favourie. Now if you'd only sold that, the world would have been your oyster.

"Punning is an art of harmonious jingling upon words, which, passing in at the ears, excites a titillary motion in those parts; and this, being conveyed by the animal spirits into the muscles of the face, raises the COCKLES of the heart."
    (Jonathan Swift)
    http://helsbyrunningclub.wordpress.com/

i'll risk it for a biscuit

:w00t:

maybe he was being shellfish with his portions

ba bum tish!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry H Howgill View Post
    Before anyone else mussels in?

swoop you have been out punned yet again

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Before anyone else mussels in?
    Swoop..... what took you so long......can't be letting these soles steal your plaice in the 'swoop' leagues thought you'd clammed up

You have to winkel them out of me nowadays!

Emmi you should of course have said 'Swoop get your skates on'. Eel say he let you win on porpoise though.