Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buttock injury?

Re: Buttock injury?

Those exercises on YouTube have really helped, thanks again for the thread input.

Ady In Accy & Swoop do you two always dress alike??

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Ady In Accy & Swoop do you two always dress alike??
    Not at the same time. We only have one pair of pyjamas between us!

Hi

I can sympathise with you re the pain in the ****. I had this problem over a year ago and it has come back again. I don't have a pain running down the back of the hamstring but do have a pain in the buttock. I think in my case and it may be the same with you, that it is the pirformis muscle that is causing the problem. The piroformis muscle runs very close to the sciatic merve and the two problems are often related. Do you get the pain when sitting down? It's not the easiest muscle to stretch - at least I don't find it particularly easy. Search google or try here http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEnotes/node/1196
    It may also be worth taking something like ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation and applying heat to it is meant to help e.g. sit on a hot water bottle then try stretching it afterwards. I tend to find in my case it does affect my running esp. going uphill.

Hope this has been of some use.

Bruce

I have been doing the stretches shown in the YouTube clip and it has not gone any worse and has slightly improved. I have managed to keep running and although I can feel it, it has not really affected me. It does niggle a bit when sat on it but I think the stretches are keeping it at bay. I guess it can vary in it's severity.

thackley,near canal/river and old emmerdale

i have similar problem and found it usually follows a lot of driving?
    now got a car with heated seats,these help but make you fart!
    so now less hamstring pain but a smelly car!
    i cant stop laughing when wifes with me,
    maybee i should go back to the hotwater bottle

I have had exactly same injury since the beginning of August and it has prevented me from running or cycling since then. I paid to see a remedial massage chap who told me it was a hamstring problem although after several visits and a lighter wallet he seemed to give up me. I am at present seeing a well reccommended (well known) Physio in Clitheroe who tells me that the problem is related to my back (perisformis muscle/sciatic nerve) and is treating me accordingly. I have been twice now and have been told to try jogging for 10 mins at the most for a couple of times before going back again next week. On the occasion that I have tried to run no real pain detected whilst running although soreness afterwards and it is sore whilst sitting or driving. The missis always said I was a pain in the arse and now it rings true !

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    I have had exactly same injury since the beginning of August and it has prevented me from running or cycling since then. I paid to see a remedial massage chap who told me it was a hamstring problem although after several visits and a lighter wallet he seemed to give up me. I am at present seeing a well reccommended (well known) Physio in Clitheroe who tells me that the problem is related to my back (perisformis muscle/sciatic nerve) and is treating me accordingly. I have been twice now and have been told to try jogging for 10 mins at the most for a couple of times before going back again next week. On the occasion that I have tried to run no real pain detected whilst running although soreness afterwards and it is sore whilst sitting or driving. The missis always said I was a pain in the arse and now it rings true !
    The excercise shown on youtube worked for me. Has Nick given you the same exercise routine?

A word of caution; I had a pain down my leg, self diagnosed pyriformis syndrome and did some of the stretches on youtube. It got worse esp after driving long distances. I went to see a physio who said it was my lower back (a disk problem, similar to sciatica, but a different nerve) and the stretches I'd been doing were the opposite to what she recommended - they probably made it worse. It's finally getting better, but now I get a weird numb toe effect when I sit for too long.

Funny thing is, it never hurt while I was running, only before and after.

Ady

Are you still suffering with this??

I've been having sciatic problems but all on the left hand side, regular physio blah blah seems to have abated any back/hamstring/calf pain. However it's transfered to my right glute.. bloody killing me.....been stretching all night but it's the most horrendous weird pain, completely uncomfortable..

not a happy bunny....it hurts.