Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Calling the girls!

Re: Calling the girls!

oh yeah, I don't feel pain so bad when premenstrual either, so I mind the odd knock a lot less

Quote Originally Posted by justlovestretching... View Post
    Hi Scaniagirl, its good to get someone else's experiences. I think we can all (well us girly forumites anyway) identify with needing more calories pre-menstrually. I do eat plenty of nuts and seeds, I'm sure you're right that the EFA's are important.

Where is the cyst? What are you having done about it?

JLS
    Have had the op just over 2 weeks ago, lost 1 and a bit ovaries, a fallopian tube and lots of endemetriosis. I now have a great scar!
    Walked for about a mile today, very slow but great to get out and about.
    Now I'll have to devise a complete beginner's fitness program. They haven't given me any advice on exercise, but I guess I'll have to take it easy for the first 6-8 weeks.
    Scaniagirl

Hi there. I was just wondering Scaniagirl how you are getting on with the training. I had the same operation done about 5 weeks ago and am getting really itchy feet. I haven't been able to run for 8 months now!!!! I had my first baby in May and then had this operation 2 months after. I was just wondering how long it took you to get back and how your feeling now. How much training did you do in the beginning??

I have been REALLY careful with myself, as I'd rather wait a bit now than regret it later...so, I went for my first 'run' three weeks ago, about half an hour of walking the uphills, and walking every time my hr went over 148 (my 70%) I did quite a lot of walking, but had some gentle trots down hill. Since then I have done three more runs and yesterday I cycled to work. I have tried to keep my heartrate from racing, and I don't have belly pain ...The legs do protest though!
    That was about 5 months after the op...I tried doing really gentle exercise videos before then but had pains afterwards . At about 4 months I could do some resistance exercises, but only a few at a time and with variations to make them easier, eg, plank with knees on the floor for 10 seconds max!
    I know it's a long wait, but some good fast walking helped build up some stamina, and once I had been told that the tiredness I had was emotional, I Knew I had to atleast walk to cheer me up.
    Hope that helps, Sarah.