Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: i need a big piece of meat

david

Re: i need a big piece of meat

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    i was thinkin of iron tablets fellell, but dont they make you go to the crapper a lot
    Exactly the opposite actually.

Daz are you including enough alternative protein sources in your diet? Be careful replacing your meat with cheese alone, watch the saturated fat. We should all be trying to include more nuts, seeds and pulses in our diet and this will be especially true for you. Don't forget other forms of dairy like yoghurt and of course lots of leafy green veg for the iron.

Getting a good veggie cook book might help for inspiration. Simon Rimmer is a meat eating chef who cooks up a great veggie feast in his Manchester restaurants, look out for him.

JLS
    I only run so I can eat cake Oh...and drink cider

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by AllanT View Post
    Daz mate, you have to be careful what you post around here, the title of this thread could be misinterpreted by some of the more degenerate elements on here. Not like me of course..... ;-)

you have a one track mind allan , it never came into my head

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by justlovestretching... View Post
    Daz are you including enough alternative protein sources in your diet? Be careful replacing your meat with cheese alone, watch the saturated fat. We should all be trying to include more nuts, seeds and pulses in our diet and this will be especially true for you. Don't forget other forms of dairy like yoghurt and of course lots of leafy green veg for the iron.

Getting a good veggie cook book might help for inspiration. Simon Rimmer is a meat eating chef who cooks up a great veggie feast in his Manchester restaurants, look out for him.

JLS
    thanks yeah im gonna start eatin lots of nuts , was worried about the fat content , but its the good fat i know
    ive purchased 2x veggie cookbooks and tried a few recipes
    but this last couple of weeks ive been starvin as my mileage has touched 50mls each week
    you need to replace quite a few calories

thanks yeah im gonna start eatin lots of nuts , was worried about the fat content , but its the good fat i know
    ive purchased 2x veggie cookbooks and tried a few recipes
    but this last couple of weeks ive been starvin as my mileage has touched 50mls each week
    you need to replace quite a few calories
    I think you are doing really well daz - it must be tough though as you say finding all those calories from elsewhere, espcially when you need them quick. Keep us updated though won't you if you get on well with nuts and stuff - I am finding it almost an inspiration to give it a go myself. Did you say you do still eat fish or you don't?

Can't you get synthetic proteins? not the nicest tasting stuff, but perhaps one way to replace the proteins you've used.

Also you have to be very specific about what you're replacing - the human body can synthesise some proteins but not all of them - they have to come from a specific source - usually animals, but if you get the right type of nuts it can come from them. I've not done lots of research into this myself, but perhaps you could look a bit further into this & share the information with the rest of us?
    Last edited by AllanT; 18-02-2007 at 09:21 PM.
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    I think you are doing really well daz - it must be tough though as you say finding all those calories from elsewhere, espcially when you need them quick. Keep us updated though won't you if you get on well with nuts and stuff - I am finding it almost an inspiration to give it a go myself. Did you say you do still eat fish or you don't?

no i gave up fish after xmas
    but i really think im gonna struggle without fish
    you cant run 50miles a week on veg im findin, after liversedge half mara last week ive felt awful every run bar today.
    and at liversedge i was in a mess at the finish.
    prob lack of protein

no i gave up fish after xmas
    but i really think im gonna struggle without fish
    you cant run 50miles a week on veg im findin, after liversedge half mara last week ive felt awful every run bar today.
    and at liversedge i was in a mess at the finish.
    prob lack of protein
    If I were you, I'd at least get back on the fish. Why are you turning Vegetarian Daz? If it's for health reasons, then obviously it's not having a positive impact on your life quality. If it's for concience reasons, then have you not looked at other options like ethically produced meats??
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by AllanT View Post
    If I were you, I'd at least get back on the fish. Why are you turning Vegetarian Daz? If it's for health reasons, then obviously it's not having a positive impact on your life quality. If it's for concience reasons, then have you not looked at other options like ethically produced meats??

okay here goes
    its conscien reasons allan

i used to be a very good junior match fisherman and i can def tell you fish feel pain
    ive worked in places were ive seen pigs electricuted for 5 seconds then had there throats cut and hung up to bleed to death cos the blood runs out there bodies quicker and ive seen them still alive a good 10 mins later
    i could tell you more but you get the jist

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Been toying with becoming a bit less of a meat eater myself, sort of a social carnivore. You might get some answers from this lot;

http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=22

http://www.veganrunners.makessense.c...icles/428.html
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.