There's excellent information on these forums here about BGR routes, but how about the JNC? I can't find much, and a mate of mine is planning on doing this on his 50th birthday weekend next year. I'm going to be supporting, possibly all the way as I'm sure it will be a great day out in the hills despite being a tad too young for it to 'count'.

We're going up for our first recce this weekend, planning on doing legs 1 and 2 over the two days. Neither of us are particularly familiar with this area of the Lakes but it looks fairly straightforward on the map once we get going. I've said that before and been proved completely wrong

The main thing is where to start! What's the usual route from Pooley Bridge to Arthurs Pike? Up the track past Roehead then cutting across SSW to join the Bridleway as it crosses Aik Beck, or along the road SW to Aik Beck and following this up?

Another bit I'm unclear on is leg 3 from Great End to Styhead. Is there a way off to the West to drop down onto the Corridor Route, or is the longer but runnable route back to Esk Hause the way to go?

Another other tips woud be gratefully received.