After training unsuccessfully for the beachy head marathon, becoming injured and not competing I've had time to reflect on my running recently and have stumbled upon a new (for me anyway) way of thinking about running. I've been reading about different techniques and philosophy such as chi-running, pose method and barefoot running.

It seems that they all have things in common; a disbelief in modern shoe manufacturing (ie - too much cushioning interfering with the foots natural movement). A need to perfect running form; maintaining alignment through the body and keeping feet parallel and the mid/forefoot strike as opposed to the heel strike (this is okay for fell runners as it's pretty impossible to heel strike running up a steep hill)

All these methods proclaim to being the holy grail against injury, which is the direction I would like to take my training!

Has any forumites had experience with any of the above methods, I'm especially interested in weather anyone does barefoot fell running?