Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Clwydian Hills

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Re: NEWSAR Clwydian Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by marshalini View Post
    I've been running this course in training can anyone confirm that this is the right route.
    Route Map from Macclesfield Harriers website

I've just remembered Marshalini, the official map on the day last year had some out of bounds areas on it, so you may not be able to get away with some cunning short cuts that you may have planned.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

"on the day Lloyd cut the corner "

What corner?

the route looks straight from 5 to 6, is there something I can't see on the map.

ps how do you make the map big on the screen?

Quote Originally Posted by boghobbit View Post
    What corner?

the route looks straight from 5 to 6, is there something I can't see on the map?
    The concensus of opinion on the forum last year was that from 5 you followed the path S for a couple of hundred yards then turned left for a similar distance before turning right and following a trod down to 6.
    But Lloyd and many others just went straight down.

Hoping to be able to take part in this one providing my hip is okay which at the minute it seems to be getting better by the day. Will have to get Tracey on Camera duties if I run it.

I really not having any luck with fell races this year, everytime I pick one to do I get injured, this time it's my popliteaus that's gone.

I've never done the race but when I've run the course I've always taken the straight line from 5 to 6, I've looked for trods to the left but never found any.
    Last edited by marshalini; 18-10-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    The concensus of opinion on the forum last year was that from 5 you followed the path S for a couple of hundred yards then turned left for a similar distance before turning right and following a trod down to 6.
    But Lloyd and many others just went straight down.
    I climbed Moel Famau no less that 45 times during my BG training this year and know that hill all too bloody well. I can vouch for the fact that you are better off just heading straight down. There is 200 yards of crappy heather beforethe re-entrant and there are sometimes slightly easier micro lines through that but just get straight down and prepare for the deceptively steep pull up to the gully .

Won;t be there this year - good luck to all that run this cracking race. GOod prep for next year's relays...

I am planning a recce next Tuesday 23rd from the car park/layby above Cilcain SJ170652 starting at about 10.30am if anyone is interested in joining me. Should take about 2¼ hours I would think.

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    I am planning a recce next Tuesday 23rd from the car park/layby above Cilcain SJ170652 starting at about 10.30am if anyone is interested in joining me. Should take about 2¼ hours I would think.
    I'll be there for a recce tomorrow morning, parking at the start. Anyone fancies joining me I'll be there about 7.00am.....wrap up well.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Important note to all you recce-ers out there - I've just been informed that check point 3 will be slightly further north than in previous years - some runners had, in recent years, just waved their numbers to the marshall from a distance. To avoid ambiguity, etc the checkpoint will be around 50 yards further towards Moel Arthur and you will have to visit this point to avoid disqualification (same goes for the other checkpoints of course!).

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier View Post
    Important note to all you recce-ers out there - I've just been informed that check point 3 will be slightly further north than in previous years - some runners had, in recent years, just waved their numbers to the marshall from a distance. To avoid ambiguity, etc the checkpoint will be around 50 yards further towards Moel Arthur and you will have to visit this point to avoid disqualification (same goes for the other checkpoints of course!).
    Message received and understood!
    Saw your avatar on the wall of the White Horse on Tuesday.