Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Agm 2008

Agm 2008

It nearly wasn't!

The meeting started at 4.00 p.m., at which time there were nineteen people in the room. A quorum of 20 is required for the meeting to go ahead. Fortunately, a few more people arrived a few minutes later.

Had the quorum not been reached, the meeting would have been cancelled. This would have meant re-scheduling it, circulating the new date amongst members and paying again for the meeting room. What a waste of money that would have been!

Out of a membership of some 4,000, I really would have expected more than 19 people to turn up for a once a year meeting, particularly in view of the fact that the AGM is followed by the Presentation Dinner.

Whilst I appreciate that AGMs can sometimes be somewhat dull (although the last two years certainly have not been), this is, after all, our sport and it cannot continue without the support of its members.

Between them, the members of the FRA committee devote hundreds of unpaid hours to fell running issues.

Perhaps next year we should start a thread where people can confirm attendance!

Re: Agm 2008

Brett,

You might have added that 3/4 of the 19 were the committee and even by the end of the meeting when late-comers had arrived you didn't need more than one's fingers to count non-committee attenders.

I guess lots of us don't really realise that we would be welcome.

Kendal ac held ther agm meeting a few years back in the Duke of Cumberland. Everyone attending got a free pint and sandwiches. There was a very good turnout.

[QUOTE=Deek;163825]I guess lots of us don't really realise that we would be welcome.

snap, If i thought that i would be welcome and there was going to be a shortage of attendees i would have loved to attend even if it was just to learn more about this sport that I am very new to

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by who killed bambi View Post
    perhaps if if the AGM was in a more central location you may get more attending
    You could have held it in the Shepard's Rest at 3.30pm and there were 360 members.

On a more serious not why not either cancel races for that day or hold it after the fell relays when you get the biggest turn out of members?

It's held on the same day as the Presentation Dinner for that very reason.

The point I was really making was there very nearly wasn't a meeting. People are prepared to travel many miles for a race!

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    You could have held it in the Shepard's Rest at 3.30pm and there were 360 members.

On a more serious not why not either cancel races for that day or hold it after the fell relays when you get the biggest turn out of members?
    The FRA Constitution says on page 105 of the Handbook:
    If possible the time and place of the meeting shall be convenient to a major fixture in the FRA Calendar.

What was the attendance for the previous 5 years meetings please?
    Still too heavy to run

Banned

Brett, you have no business to ask why folk don't turn up and you are the wrong person to run the website. Why weren't you at the dinner?
    Last edited by chris smale; 09-11-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Baz View Post
    What was the attendance for the previous 5 years meetings please?
    The attendance information is on the top of the minutes for each meeting Baz and can be located at the bottom of the link below.

http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/committee.htm