Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Saunders...

Re: Saunders...

Depends what your nav is like darth. The distance difference is usually very little really but the nav gets harder.

Mine is shit, but i am fortunate that the other member of team pie is very good. I have also learnt that its about working together effectively e.g. cause i dont nav i try to do more for the team like doing the dibbing, making sure partner eating and drinking, looking out for others/right trod when partner is map reading. Admitedly that didnt happen too much on the OMM but not much happened for me on the OMM, worked very nicely for the Rab and SLMM.

Oh and we have begged and borrowed kit for the last three we did and regretted it, invest in some good kit to make sure you get a good nights kip. I would get a balloon bed, good sleeping bag. inflatable pilow, earplugs, immodium (another nasty lesson from the OMM!) and most importantly some pie for overnight camp.

And enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by team pie View Post
    Depends what your nav is like darth. The distance difference is usually very little really but the nav gets harder.

Mine is shit, but i am fortunate that the other member of team pie is very good. I have also learnt that its about working together effectively e.g. cause i dont nav i try to do more for the team like doing the dibbing, making sure partner eating and drinking, looking out for others/right trod when partner is map reading. Admitedly that didnt happen too much on the OMM but not much happened for me on the OMM, worked very nicely for the Rab and SLMM.

Oh and we have begged and borrowed kit for the last three we did and regretted it, invest in some good kit to make sure you get a good nights kip. I would get a balloon bed, good sleeping bag. inflatable pilow, earplugs, immodium (another nasty lesson from the OMM!) and most importantly some pie for overnight camp.

And enjoy!
    cheers bud, my nav's ok, but myself and teamie will hopefully be doing some nav work training together etc. I'll be getting the kit, although it can cost and i'm sure i will enjoy,
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

Quote Originally Posted by Darth domain View Post
    cheers bud, my nav's ok, but myself and teamie will hopefully be doing some nav work training together etc. I'll be getting the kit, although it can cost and i'm sure i will enjoy,
    Check out the OMM forum for kit info and reviews etc.....get saving to get spending!
    Run and become...

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEBIKE View Post
    Check out the OMM forum for kit info and reviews etc.....get saving to get spending!
    ta the smaller and lighter the stuff, the more expensive
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

im looking to enter this, usually a short/medium score or c class, hows that translate into saunders classess anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    im looking to enter this, usually a short/medium score or c class, hows that translate into saunders classess anyone??
    Around Harter Fell for C and short score.