Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Asthma

Re: Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Emmi, one of the Bowland crew, who was already a vegetarian and an asthma suffer, decided to cut out dairy products and became a full blown vegan about 8 or 9 years ago. His running really went on the up and he is now usually listed in the end of season veterans league tables, as published in the FRM.
    As a parallel, does your Other Half not snore louder if he has tucked into the (full fat dairy) cheese and biscuits after an evening meal? Dairy products do affect your breathing! You do not need academic research to confirm/deny the obvious!
    He just bloody snores regardless it's a wonder his ribs have survived all these years.

It's certainly worth considering but it means my indulgence of a hot choccie at bed time will have to go On the whole I don't eat that much diary which contradicts the need for the extra calcium given my wongy hormones and potential osteoporosis...fit for the scrap heap and I'm not even 40 yet. I think I could go diary free with relative ease but not so sure about the vegan thing...with 4 others in the house mealtimes are a pain as it is and I endevour to cook something we can all eat then I'm not in the kitchen more than I already am

How has the diet improved his running?? Because he breathes a lot better? Was his peak flow poor before and now vastly improved? I've noticed as I've started doing a lot more mileage the breathing isn't as painful

Biara, thanks....I'll get back to you

Emm....if yer keep eatin them 'diary' products ahm not surprised yer have bother

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    Emm....if yer keep eatin them 'diary' products ahm not surprised yer have bother

oopsie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    It's certainly worth considering but it means my indulgence of a hot choccie at bed time will have to go On the whole I don't eat that much diary which contradicts the need for the extra calcium given my wongy hormones and potential osteoporosis...fit for the scrap heap and I'm not even 40 yet. I think I could go diary free with relative ease but not so sure about the vegan thing...
    Raw carrot juice is an excellent source of calcium

Not sure what it's like in hot choccie though!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post

Not sure what it's like in hot choccie though!
    bleaurgghhh I should imagine!