Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Needed

Help Needed

Just wondering if there are any under 23 internationals which are going on either through the winter or spring or even next summer? if so when are the trial/championship races and what would the standard be like?

I would like to test myself on the fells at some stage and wondered if it would be possible to make the England/GB team for it. if id be miles away then so be it but would like to have a go.

i would class myself as a road/cross country runner more so than a track runner as id much rather do a long hard hilly run than a track session!!! iv ran at what i would call a decent standard (ran 15.24 for 5k on road last year and finished 5th/6th overall in Manchester Area Cross Country League last year, winning the Under 20 category).

Any comments/information possible please (generally positive please haha)
    Last edited by Brocky1; 21-11-2008 at 01:40 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Re: Help Needed

Brocky

Assuming you are at LU, can't the U club help you here.

I know Adam Grice from contact with him in my role as a trustee of the John Taylor Foundation, and Adam always seems to be switched on. Try and have a word with him.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by BGSec View Post
    Brocky

Assuming you are at LU, can't the U club help you here.

I know Adam Grice from contact with him in my role as a trustee of the John Taylor Foundation, and Adam always seems to be switched on. Try and have a word with him.
    afraid not, im at LMU, the better uni of Leeds haha, i havn't seen Gricey about but know lads who can get in contact with him.

http://www.englandathletics.org/page...untain+running

brocky, i've done the U23 race described in the link above in the last couple of years, you just need to run well at the world trial which is usually mid august. lots of time to get some fell races in!

While we're on the subject, I'd quite like to test myself at Tennis and enter Wimbledon. I've never played tennis, but am a reasonable club standard at pingpong. Anybody know how I go about entering?

Quote Originally Posted by tomcee View Post
    http://www.englandathletics.org/page...untain+running

brocky, i've done the U23 race described in the link above in the last couple of years, you just need to run well at the world trial which is usually mid august. lots of time to get some fell races in!
    cheers for that, i know who Bash is so the next time i see him about il have to speak to him and see what he thinks. when i get back running il definately have to get some big hilly runs done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A.G View Post
    While we're on the subject, I'd quite like to test myself at Tennis and enter Wimbledon. I've never played tennis, but am a reasonable club standard at pingpong. Anybody know how I go about entering?
    i actually have done a fell race before, it was about 3/4 years ago when i was 16/17 and in the middle of a summer where i hadnt raced over 3k, whereas the summer just gone i ran a 10k and lots of 5ks and next summer plan on having a good crack at a fast 10k so will be covering a fair bit of milage so will be much better prepared.

Fair enough,

why not try for a GB vest in cross country first though, since that is the sport you know you are already good at?

do you not think i have done?! and with the trial being two weeks away, and me yet to start my winter training (as well as not being entered) i find that rather impossible!! it was just a case of wondering really, i find i am pretty good at climbing on my day (obviously within reason) and pretty good descending so thought why not atleast give this a go, if im miles away from making the team (which i could well be) then atleast i will have tried and know where i stand, who knows i may just get hooked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brocky1 View Post
    do you not think i have done?! and with the trial being two weeks away, and me yet to start my winter training (as well as not being entered) i find that rather impossible!! it was just a case of wondering really, i find i am pretty good at climbing on my day (obviously within reason) and pretty good descending so thought why not atleast give this a go, if im miles away from making the team (which i could well be) then atleast i will have tried and know where i stand, who knows i may just get hooked!!!
    There's confidence and then there's............