Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Re: Help Needed

Brocky, hope any attempt on the fells goes well and you enjoy it. If you can translate the success you've had elsewhere on to the fells, great. If not, like you say, it might not matter if you get hooked!

I think other people are reading some arrogance or some presumption on your part. Seems to me you're just curious. Good luck.

"The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    Brocky, hope any attempt on the fells goes well and you enjoy it. If you can translate the success you've had elsewhere on to the fells, great. If not, like you say, it might not matter if you get hooked!

I think other people are reading some arrogance or some presumption on your part. Seems to me you're just curious. Good luck.

cheers mate, i don't understand how i can come across as arrogant when i havn't been an international before and i don't think it would be easy enough to say oh yer il have a go at a race and get an international vest, i know i will have to work my b*****ks off in order to get anywhere near as they don't hand them out for fun. i am just curious as to where i would stand. i generally like cross country races the harder they are and what is harder than an x-c race? - a fell race!! iv never once said that id be able to make an international team at fell running, i was just wondering whether i would be anywhere near, from the information i have received it seems i will just have to race and find out. so anybody who thinks im being arrogant, im sorry but i really am not, what have i got to be arrogant about?
    Last edited by Brocky1; 21-11-2008 at 01:41 AM.

I think my best advice to you brocky would be to join a decent club with a reputable coach and go from there. If yu can prove your salt then who knows your luck ?

Quote Originally Posted by Donkarlo View Post
    I think my best advice to you brocky would be to join a decent club with a reputable coach and go from there. If yu can prove your salt then who knows your luck ?
    i don't wanna leave my club, im just gonna give a few races a go i think and see how things go, a lad who used to run for my old club is a fell runner so will try and go on some runs with him and ask him about stuff.

Don't think many folk here know who Brocky is, a decent runner runner already running for a decent club . Of course if you really want to be noticed there's always the Fell Ponies, Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkarlo View Post
    I think my best advice to you brocky would be to join a decent club with a reputable coach and go from there.
    What is a "decent" club?

Most athletes who believe that changing to a bigger Club with more facilities, coaches, etc. will automatically mean that they will become better athletes will be sadly disillusioned very quickly.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Pudgy View Post
    Don't think many folk here know who Brocky is, a decent runner runner already running for a decent club . Of course if you really want to be noticed there's always the Fell Ponies, Danny.
    Fell Ponies bit a joke? i don't get it? i wouldn't imagine many people on here would know who i am as i have no background in fell running, also do i know you Pudgy?

Hey Brocky, with a 5K time around 15:30 you show promise but you're 10K results show a lack of endurance.
    Good luck my son.

I know who you are and I suggest you find out any trial dates, get some training done, get in the race and do the job. Train hard, win easy. You will do well if you get the training in. Your 5k time is ok and will only get better. (And LMU is the better of the universities in Leeds, but I would say that having spent four years at LMU. Have they decided what they are changing the name to yet?)
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brocky1 View Post
    Fell Ponies bit a joke? i don't get it? i wouldn't imagine many people on here would know who i am as i have no background in fell running, also do i know you Pudgy?
    Fell Ponies are kind of a loose collective of fell-runners across the country. Like the KLF, but muddier!
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk