Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed

Re: Help Needed

Quote Originally Posted by Doonhamer View Post
    Hey Brocky, with a 5K time around 15:30 you show promise but you're 10K results show a lack of endurance.
    Good luck my son.
    the 10k i ran in 34.44 was treated as a hard run, i had to stop and stretch my hamstrings at about 7k for a good 20seconds (i had a hamstring injury in the summer and didn't want to cause it to flare up again), it was also one of the hottest days of the yeara dn on a hilly course, i mainly did it as it was put on by my old club, i know there are a lot of excuses but at the end of the day i know i can and hopefully will run quicker. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I know who you are and I suggest you find out any trial dates, get some training done, get in the race and do the job. Train hard, win easy. You will do well if you get the training in. Your 5k time is ok and will only get better. (And LMU is the better of the universities in Leeds, but I would say that having spent four years at LMU. Have they decided what they are changing the name to yet?)
    Cheers Andi, i will definately be upping my mileage when i get back training, hopefully from tomorrow i will be starting my first week of 30miles and upping 5miles a week. i think they are changing it to Leeds Carnegie University, i am not too fussed to be honest but that would be the best one they could change it to. A girl who lives in my halls is all anti-carnegie and im just like i really couldn't care luv, at the end of the day its just gonna bring more money into my are of the uni and provide beter facilities for me.

iv actually been told to PM you or either of the Normans as to any advice about races etc. so do you have any you could give my way? such as which ones to do around the local area (il be able to use my Dads car to get to them so they wouldn't need to be really close). Also are you teaching at a school in Rochdale?

I do teach at a school in Rochdale. Have only been there since September 1st and it's great.

All I can suggest is that you get some fell races in and prepare for any trial race you do. I see time after time good road runners thinking they will do a trial race for a mountain event and find it much tougher than they thought. There will be some good races coming up in the new year. Have to contacted the junior co for the FRA? Details will be in FRA mag or on the website. Are you a member of the FRA?
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I do teach at a school in Rochdale. Have only been there since September 1st and it's great.

All I can suggest is that you get some fell races in and prepare for any trial race you do. I see time after time good road runners thinking they will do a trial race for a mountain event and find it much tougher than they thought. There will be some good races coming up in the new year. Have to contacted the junior co for the FRA? Details will be in FRA mag or on the website. Are you a member of the FRA?
    which school is it? i live in Middleton and went to Cardinal Langley. yer il defo try and have a go at some before i attempt a trial race. no i am not a member of the FRA but i will look into joining as i see the magazine will also tell me things that i need to know. cheers for the help and best of luck next week if your running at Liverpool.

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brocky1 View Post
    cheers for the help and best of luck next week if your running at Liverpool.
    Think he's doing the Florence Marathon. Good luck Andi.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

All is set for Florence. Just need to find a Doctor who will sign my medical certificate. Someone on here must have a PHd in something?

I worl at Falinge Park High School. I can post that on here as I can't access this website from school so can't get in bother for playing on forums instead of playing with materials in my workshop!
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

I know a Dr Phil at St Helens Sutton.

Not sure what he's a doctor of though.

Have a good run - you should eat very well out there!

A question
    My lad was 7 as of 1st of January 2008 so raced as an U8 this year, obviously he will be 8 as 1st January 2009 (he'll be 9 in March)
    Does he continue to race as an U8 or move up to U10 next year?
    Had a look at Rule 10 but its unclear to me.
    Hills and Guinness!

Age groups in FRA juniors are determined by age on 1st January at start of year. In this case your son will not be under 8 on this date, therefore he will be in U10 for 2009 and 2010. However, there is an option to transfer to the U12 championship category after his 10th birthday. This is no longer true for 2009 - U10 on 1st Jan = U10 all year.
    There is an age group calculator on FellJunior website in the menu options.
    Last edited by FellJunior; 09-01-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Change to 2009 rules
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Many thanks FellJunior
    Hills and Guinness!