Thread: New Swiss Ultra - 100k 7300m

New Swiss Ultra - 100k 7300m

Hi - just received the following from Mattieu Girard, one of the top Swiss ultra guys, who lives over in Verbier:

Hello

a new Ultra trail will be created on 4th and 5th Jully 2009. Run A: a 100km loop with 7300m D+; run B: 57km and 4000m D+ and 4100 m D-. Start and arrival will be in Verbier, Valais, Switzerland. The B run will start in La Fouly. It's a beautiful run in the swiss alps that follows some parts of the well known tours, like tour du Mt Blanc or tour des Combins. More information will be soon available on the internet. I hope I'll meet you once in my region to share some times and some steps together.

sportivelly

Matthieu Girard

I'll post up anything else up that comes across. He's a really nice bloke + should be a good course & well organised I'd expect, so well worth a look. May even do it myself!

Ta now,

Al

Re: New Swiss Ultra - 100k 730

Sounds good, will keep a check on the thread..Cheers
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by AlP View Post

I'll post up anything else up that comes across.
    Run B has stats almost identical to the Trail des Aiguilles Rouges in Cham.

Keep us posted Al.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Aye - he's gonna send me the weblink once the event site is up and running. Loads of snow out there now, so no rush to start recceing!

New Swiss Ultra - 105k 7300m

Ok - I've just got the event website link from Matthieu Girard over in Verbier:

http://www.trailvsb.com/

It's just a holding site at the moment, but has the essential information - ie a table of route details for each course 'detail du parcours', a google earth type aerial map of the route 'trace du parcours' and a link for online registration.

I had a quick look at a proper map to see where it goes & it certainly looks like a nice course (ie goes to several places on my 'must go for a run up there one day' list) with plenty of burly climbs along the way - highest point is 2700m crossing over a col above La Fouly.

It's mostly on the Martigny map, but goes off the edge in a couple of places, but the 1:50,000 'Mont Blanc Grand Combin' (5003) map covers it all.

Just have to see if I can fit it in around work now..

Happy New Year,

Al

Looks a briiliant course, passing through some beautiful areas of Suisse, now I just need to convince the missus that on top of Sierre-Zinal and Trail des Aiguilles Rouges that a further trip out there for the Trailvsb is a must! Thanks for posting the details and web link, cheers...
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.