Page 2958 of 2964 FirstFirst ... 1958245828582908294829562957295829592960 ... LastLast
Results 29,571 to 29,580 of 29639

Thread: Quiet Around Here

Firstly my drone is apparently one of the quietest you can get but yes it definitely makes a buzzing sound. Which ironically is probably a good thing - if people hear a drone at least they are aware of it being flown in the area. Wheeze’s concern about a drone perhaps speccing out his house or garden for evil intent is kind of stymied by the noise thing. But yeah hands up I agree drones make a noise which can be annoying

As for other people being in the area while I was flying, well just have a look at the videos and see if you can see anyone. In fact for the Malham Cove flight there was another photographer up there doing a series of time-lapse photos of the sunrise and I specifically first checked with him if he minded me flying from a point about 200 yards from him and he was fine with that. In fact he had a drone of his own for photography too. Those three locations in the Dales - Penyghent, Malham Cove and Whernside - might be right up there as the most busiest (and during the day ergo the most noisiest) but they for sure were’nt busy when I was there

And what about other country side and wilderness ‘unnatural’ noises? Shotguns going off? Tractors? Farmers on quad bikes? Crow scarers? Hot air balloons? Low level jets screaming over? Explosions at the quarries (here in Horton)? Walkers chatting and shouting to each other? Dogs barking - I for sure know when I’m near a fell hound kennels? Motor bikes gunning past in the valley below (again a big thing here in the Dales)? Walkers playing radios and music out loud? The list goes on to be honest and drone noises are small beer compared to much of the rest
    Last edited by Fellbeast; 16-04-2021 at 02:28 PM.

I’m obviously a fan of drone photography to be fair, just have a look at Danny MacAskill doing black slabs:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4Ym2F-tHdkk&feature=share

Or this incredible recent drone footage from a bowling alley in the US:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=VgS54fqKxf0&feature=share

Stunning photography but yes it comes with an annoying buzzing sound

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    I’m obviously a fan of drone photography to be fair, just have a look at Danny MacAskill doing black slabs:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4Ym2F-tHdkk&feature=share
    Indeed.

And I am a fan of you and all your Forum contributions - stunning drone shots included.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    Walkers playing radios and music out loud?
    This one really boils my piss to quote a work colleague of mine.

I have to admit drone technology really fascinates me, I always wanted an RC helicopter when I was younger.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Same here. But Stolly, the only way you can see around the back of my place is to fly over it. A drone comes over....what am I to think?
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Never mind drones. Yesterday on Plynlimon we were treated from around, 1.30 pm to 3pm, to a fantastic air display by RAF fighter jets one of whom saluted us with a sonic boom. It did not spoil the day one bit but one of the dogs wasn't very impressed.

Now if they had been drones....
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Same here. But Stolly, the only way you can see around the back of my place is to fly over it. A drone comes over....what am I to think?
    It’s trespass to fly low over somebody’s garden with a drone that has a camera so have a word with the person operating it. He or she will be easy to spot - just look for someone gormlessly staring at what will look a bit like a console game pad

I’m not sure whether it will actually come to fruition but Amazon and UPS have been working on parcel delivery by drone, with the advantage being really fast delivery, especially to rural areas. Google Amazon Prime Air. For sure not everybody’s cup of tea but commercially used drones will definitely be a thing in the future. Geeks flying their own little drones like me on the top of mountains and cliffs will probably continue to be a small sideshow

Gonna get me one of thez, y'all...

https://fastpic.ru/view/58/2013/1029...b0d8e.jpg.html
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    One of what Mossdog?

A nice Russian lady?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Nah...lost all sympathy now. Enjoying a peaceful evening out on back patio on the first evening when it's been warm enough. Holiday cottage nearby has some guests in it who brought a droneand it's been zapping around overhead like a demented mega wasp. Ban em all!! So bad that t,missus has gone to have a word!