Page 2954 of 2964 FirstFirst ... 1954245428542904294429522953295429552956 ... LastLast
Results 29,531 to 29,540 of 29639

Thread: Quiet Around Here

Took the nephew to the park this afternoon. After a bit of football we decided to climb up and down the hill three times. In true fellrunning fashion he went off like a stabbed rat and ran half of the first climb... and by the 2nd time down he had to lie down.

Clearly racing tactics run in the family (hammer it up the first climb then hang on for grim death).

A few days sitting on a chair fishing, whilst living on doughnuts, ☕ and bacon sandwiches have taken their toll .
    Walked down the pub this afternoon as last weekend before it closes, had a few pints but strange leaving and saying to friends "see you next year, hopefully".
    Best hit the hills in some way tomorrow.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Agh Moley! This is tragic news. I do so hope they can reopen but it must be desperately hard keeping a place going in Deepest Darkest Wales. It certainly will be quiet over your way. Here on the border, we are all abuzz with the instructions to man Drakefords Dyke and throw woad at incoming Anglo-Saxon invaders!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Going to be a looooooong winter with no pub, the Towy Bridge only opened weekends through the winter, for us locals really, which was great. They made their money through the summer and tick over in the winter, pub is too small for inside drinking so they have no option.
    Luckily they are a recoursfull couple and already have other jobs, better than sitting around moaning how unfair it all is. Roll on the spring.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Got up this morning and saw a rainbow as I looked out of the kitchen window. Somehow I don't associate rainbows with early morning.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Moley, you missed a trick. You could have put up a big marquee next to your reactor and relocated the pub as an outdoor venue on your doorstep!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Master
    Very disappointed the trans gender thread has been shut down. I've read Graham Breeze's reply and it's as I thought and typical of issues today. The wrong decision made by people in power who should be protecting everyone. I'm not going to say anymore on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    Very disappointed the trans gender thread has been shut down. I've read Graham Breeze's reply and it's as I thought and typical of issues today. The wrong decision made by people in power who should be protecting everyone. I'm not going to say anymore on the issue.
    Disagree. If we carry on like that, before long it will be curtains for this place. The fra can't freestyle it, they are shackled by government guidance.

Was reliving my XC race from last weekend with my nephew... anything that involves competition/placings/numbers really appeals to him...

His question as to why i lost a sprint finish for 4th place... "did you trip over a mountain"

We'll make a fellrunner of him yet.

Well it is!