Page 2947 of 2964 FirstFirst ... 19472447284728972937294529462947294829492957 ... LastLast
Results 29,461 to 29,470 of 29639

Thread: Quiet Around Here

Banned
    Keep going young-un

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Stepped out of the back door after breakfast, just to smell the rain and feel the cool air. Lovely!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Banned
    This rain keeps folks in.

And

Forum is quite.

Banned
    I think I'm one of the,

Feckarewe's

Took the dogs for a lovely 4 mile walk up and around High Wheeldon and Earl Sterndale this afternoon. On my way home I called into B and Q in Buxton to buy some canes for my runner beans.

On arrival only a few cars in the car park and no queues outside so I was happy as Larry. Not for long though, because as I attempted to enter the store a young member of staff advised me I had to take a trolley in, which was fine, but that I could only pay with a credit/debit card. I told her that I had neither but I had cash.

They were not accepting cash she told me. Home I went caneless to add B and Q to my list of retailers that will not have the pleasure of my patronage again.

The £800 I was going to spend on one of their sheds will now find a more grateful home.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 04-06-2020 at 09:20 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Aye, I'm a cash man too Llani.

This is one area the government will be rubbing its hands. More card transactions

Must admit I've really got used to using contactless. Don't think I'd ever used it before Feb, but it's so convenient. I put 20 quid cash in my wallet now and it'll last months. And just keep a few quids worth of change in my car for car-parks, fell races, etc.

I can see your point but I have been to B & Q Buxton twice in the last couple of weeks and the staff were really friendly and helpful under the circumstances. Some customers had difficulty following the marked one way system in the aisles but not enough to cause a problem.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Took the dogs for a lovely 4 mile walk up and around High Wheeldon and Earl Sterndale this afternoon. On my way home I called into B and Q in Buxton to buy some canes for my runner beans.

On arrival only a few cars in the car park and no queues outside so I was happy as Larry. Not for long though, because as I attempted to enter the store a young member of staff advised me I had to take a trolley in, which was fine, but that I could only pay with a credit/debit card. I told her that I had neither but I had cash.

They were not accepting cash she told me. Home I went caneless to add B and Q to my list of retailers that will not have the pleasure of my patronage again.

The £800 I was going to spend on one of their sheds will now find a more grateful home.
    Purveyor of fine sheds https://www.tigersheds.com/
    The older I get the Faster I was

The member of staff I spoke to was fine and I was polite to her. Its the B and Q no cash policy that I find annoying.
    All other places I have been since lock down, Aldi, Co-op, Hartington Village Shop, Tagg Lane Dairy and Longnor Fish and Chip shop have all accepted cash and post lockdown will continue to get my custom.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog