Page 2957 of 2964 FirstFirst ... 1957245728572907294729552956295729582959 ... LastLast
Results 29,561 to 29,570 of 29639

Thread: Quiet Around Here

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I dropped a jumbo-sized jar of cod liver oil tablets onto the kitchen floor today. No worries though, as the damage was only super-fish-oil
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    I dropped a jumbo-sized jar of cod liver oil tablets onto the kitchen floor today. No worries though, as the damage was only super-fish-oil
    Take the rest of the night off..... aaaaarrghh
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Well done GazB who ran in the Podium 5km yesterday, featured live on Facebook.... thought i spotted you but it cut out just as you were crossing the finish line!

Was certainly an interesting night with the women's 5km road world record being beaten (but for some complicated reasons, road 5km times are not known as "world records" and i believe it will go down as an "unofficial worlds fastest time")

Today's Droning- that one didn't last long did it? All the juicy posts that stuck the knife in seem to have been edited out. Rest in peace Today's droning.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Today's Droning- that one didn't last long did it? All the juicy posts that stuck the knife in seem to have been edited out. Rest in peace Today's droning.
    I was thinking of starting a "Yesterday's droning" thread to replace the one that was closed . . . but I decided that we didn't want people to continue droning on about that subject.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I didn't see any posts other than those that are there. Poor Stolly hit a nerve for some of us. His drone videos are beautiful and answer the dreams of many of us as to what it must be like to fly. The sad thing is the negative impact of drones. As I mentioned in my posts, if one flys over my house (which they have occasionally done) is it innocent or someone looking to see what might be pinchable? Theres no way of knowing. It really unnerves me. Its a major privacy issue.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    I didn't see any posts other than those that are there. Poor Stolly hit a nerve for some of us. His drone videos are beautiful and answer the dreams of many of us as to what it must be like to fly. The sad thing is the negative impact of drones. As I mentioned in my posts, if one flys over my house (which they have occasionally done) is it innocent or someone looking to see what might be pinchable? Theres no way of knowing. It really unnerves me. Its a major privacy issue.
    I obviously disagree; to me my drone (which is really small and easily fits in my pocket) is just a really fantastic camera, a camera that flies and hovers. Photography is one of my big hobbies and the drone is just a fantastic addition to my existing cameras. As for scoping out people’s gardens, I doubt if I was a burglar I’d need a drone to do that as there’s so many easier ways. I think it’s the buzzing people don’t like, which is fair dues, and perhaps the fact that, like in so many things, a few dick heads give a hobby or interest a bad name

Nobody minds at all the absolutely stunning drone photography employed to capture Danny MacGaskill descending Black Slabs on his mountain bike on Skye but, conversely, me doing my little drone shots, completely alone on top of a mountain at dawn, somehow means that the only replies bar one, to what I thought would be a great idea for a new thread on a dusty old mantle piece of a forum, were all negative
    Last edited by Fellbeast; 16-04-2021 at 10:31 AM.

I thought my original comment was fairly positive for me as a somewhat dour Yorkshireman. For what its worth I think your 2 later videos were even better. My late father always said you could see malham cove from the top of the slide in our local park, I do believe he was right if the sun was glinting off it, the slide has long gone.
    Last edited by bigfella; 16-04-2021 at 01:44 PM.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    . . . you could see amalgam cove . . .
    The ingenuity of Autocorrect never ceases to amaze me.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    Not looking to argue just putting my point of view re drones etc, the perception that anybody is alone on the fells at Dawn/Dusk, or any wild places for that matter is flawed. I for one have for years chosen to be out on the hills pre dawn or maybe dusk, for the solitude and atmosphere of seeing the new day awaken/end (I know it makes me sound like a crank as pointed out to me on more than one occasion but I know several other people that prefer to be in the hills early /Late doors) this time of year the dawn chorus is an added joy and to have my senses assailed by any man made contrivance totally screws up the remoteness that I have gone to a lot of effort to lose myself in, the same applies to dusk.

Yes i have been buzzed on more than one occasion by drones at dawn/Dusk, I am also a keen photographer but I am conscious that any hobby I pursue should not give irritation to others which of course leaves me with gaps in my hobbies that I cannot fill because going down certain avenues may well encroach on another's comfort zone so for me it`s a case of carry on and get the best I can whilst respecting others wishes/views.

Like I say just my point of view and not looking to argue
    Last edited by JohnK; 16-04-2021 at 02:03 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was