Page 2959 of 2964 FirstFirst ... 1959245928592909294929572958295929602961 ... LastLast
Results 29,581 to 29,590 of 29639

Thread: Quiet Around Here

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Nah...lost all sympathy now. Enjoying a peaceful evening out on back patio on the first evening when it's been warm enough. Holiday cottage nearby has some guests in it who brought a droneand it's been zapping around overhead like a demented mega wasp. Ban em all!! So bad that t,missus has gone to have a word!
    Commiserations.

I think the problem is Wheeze when drones are used like some extra, extra, long selfie stick - look at me/us!!

Perhaps licensing them and having a set of legal rules, best practice guidance may temper their proliferation and ensure their more positive, responsible use like for photography, land surveying, covering sporting events, etc.. They can also have other very positive usages, like for searching during mountain rescues, etc.

https://coptrz.com/the-mountain-resc...ne-revolution/
    Am Yisrael Chai

I agree. Many legitimate uses...including beautiful photography that Stolly practises. And I genuinely thought his posted views were wonderful. Sadly the downsides are just too big to ignore. Professional use only I suggest.

You guys though are blaming it on the drones when in fact shouldn’t you be blaming it on dick heads, who happen to be flying drones?

It’s like banning dogs because some dog owners let them poo in the street or hill walking because of some idiot people drop their rubbish in the hills? Or banning motor bikes because so many thrash them down the roads at 100 mph in the Yorkshire Dales? Or buffs just because a weird few think they look cool fell running with their buffs on their heads like pirate hats? Or people who blame inanimate objects and not the people in charge of them

All drone operators have to register and follow the drone code and to fly a drone weighing more than 250g they have to take and pass an exam. And they have to retake and pass it every five years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    You guys though are blaming it on the drones when in fact shouldn’t you be blaming it on dick heads, who happen to be flying drones?

It’s like banning dogs because some dog owners let them poo in the street or hill walking because of some idiot people drop their rubbish in the hills? Or banning motor bikes because so many thrash them down the roads at 100 mph in the Yorkshire Dales? Or buffs just because a weird few think they look cool fell running with their buffs on their heads like pirate hats? Or people who blame inanimate objects and not the people in charge of them

All drone operators have to register and follow the drone code and to fly a drone weighing more than 250g they have to take and pass an exam. And they have to retake and pass it every five years.
    That is pretty much the post I was going to put up, with reference to dogs and their owners. I would feel very strongly if a drone was poking about over my house and garden, but it is the person driving it that is the problem.
    But as you point out, I have watched and enjoyed many a video that was taken by drones, so it would be double standards to blame all drones. Like everything in life, there are responsible people who consider others and then there are d***heads.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master
    Isn`t DRONING on and on covering the same ground over over, time an time again irritating

Just a thought
    Last edited by JohnK; 18-04-2021 at 11:59 AM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    .. Or buffs just because a weird few think they look cool fell running with their buffs on their heads like pirate hats?
    Aaaaaarh, Begad! Shiver me timbers! Ain't that how they be suppose to be worn?
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Isn`t DRONING on and on covering the same ground over over, time an time again irritating

Just a thought
    No, No JohnK. For once we ol'farts are onto something especially topical (a head of the curve as I believe the young uns' like to call it).

Look...

MONSTER DRONE SWARMS PLAGUE THE USA!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...the-us-midwest

And, and... look

DRONES ON MARS!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/scienc...nment-53587718

Hang on to yer hats...
    Am Yisrael Chai

I imagine the US conspiracy theorists are well into their stride regards the drone swarms. There could be some very entertaining reading if I knew where to look, the worrying part is how many will believe whatever nonsense they come up with.

Well it was quiet, a few beers, good meal, cheese, single malt......and then at 10.30 a message from our local pub "We've got a lost runner with nowhere to go, can you help"?

We guessed right immediately, Dragons Back recce. Bring him over and over he came and we put him in the camper with sleeping bag and water (and a cup of tea, spoilt bugger).
    Nice bloke, let down by whoever was meant to pick him up and didn't appear, now worried about them.

Oh well, if you can't help a fell runner in an emergency, then you shouldn't call yourself a fell runner.

And his friend has turned up at the pub ....NOW.....sleeping in his car tonight!