Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pendle Perambulation 13/14Dec

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Pendle Perambulation 13/14Dec

If my knee's fixed, I'll be looking to try the following route on one of the above dates:

Fm Barley up Ogden Clough path, at top of first reservoir (i.e. not the dam end) there's a stepped path into the trees on the left, take this, eventually come round to descend Geronimo (got to figure out how to connect them yet, but looks like it goes in the right direction!), climb up towards trig (reverse of last ToP descent) left at trig (NNWish) to head towards monument, descend Mearley Clough and pick all the climbs from that section of ToP. Do this until after Big End climb. From here, where ToP would take you up to trig, we are going to go back down Big End on Barley side of wall, and from the bottom, contour all the way round the hill at that level until we hit Ogden Clough again (a la Pendle Cloughs race). We'll then follow the track out to Barley again.

Purely selfish: I wanted to (1) follow that first path, cos it looked nice, (2) get a bit of climbing in, and (3) get used to contouring, as this really hurt the tendons on the soles of my feet on the ToP.

Wouldn't have minded turning this into some hill reps up and down Geronimo (Darth), but as it's likely to be my first big run since ToP I thought I might like to do something a bit more scenic. That Geronimo/Ominoreg ((TM) Merrylegs) session will have to wait until after Xmas. (Bring your rucksack!!).

Anyways, will keep this updated with how my knee's progressing, whether or not I'm going to be taking this sesh, and nearer the time, confirm date and time. If I'm not doing it of course, you can still turn up and go without me
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Re: Pendle Perambulation 13/14

i'm up for this , and i do think a rucksack session sometime would be good with up to 15 pounds weight max?
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

Quote Originally Posted by Darth domain View Post
    i'm up for this , and i do think a rucksack session sometime would be good with up to 15 pounds weight max?
    Don't know what that is in kgs, but I tend to run with between 8-10kg when I go out with my rucksack.

thats about right then, i have not done any at all, but pacman said 10pounds is a good weight to train with good practice for MM

Quote Originally Posted by Darth domain View Post
    thats about right then, i have not done any at all, but pacman said 10pounds is a good weight to train with good practice for MM
    8-10kg = 17.6-22lbs

Then again, given that I'm not likely to be able to buy any Gucci pieces of weightsaving kit (cos I'm skint!) this might be good practice after all!

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    8-10kg = 17.6-22lbs

Then again, given that I'm not likely to be able to buy any Gucci pieces of weightsaving kit (cos I'm skint!) this might be good practice after all!
    i think i would have a go with about 15pounds of weight, may be a bit more than required, and will be knackering, but good training, so on the actual MM, that nice cheap lightweight gear should be a doddle

Im being lazy-roughly how far is this journey of yours?

And for the record, if i might be allowed to join you, i shall not be carrying a rucksack as imheavy enough.
    Still too heavy to run

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Baz View Post
    Im being lazy-roughly how far is this journey of yours?

And for the record, if i might be allowed to join you, i shall not be carrying a rucksack as imheavy enough.
    Distance? Reckon c12mi? Was actually hoping someone with a Garmin might help out on this score

I won't be carrying weight on this run.

And of course, it's an open invite: the more the merrier. Hope to see you there!

This is the relay weekend so I won't be able to make it SS. Give my regards to Geronimo

i will try and make this one if i can still get the nightmares of the TOP out of my head.
    managed to get off with just points at court from my speeding after the last recce but it is in the craven herald last Friday under "Soaking Speeder". stupid journalists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!