Thread: Ow me feet!

Ow me feet!

After a bit of a lay off from running at the beginning of the year I'm back up to all of 6 miles on training runs. I feel okay while I'm running but the next day my feet are killing me. Anyone have any idea why? I wear Terroc 330s which seem pretty well cushioned.

Re: Ow me feet!

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    After a bit of a lay off from running at the beginning of the year I'm back up to all of 6 miles on training runs. I feel okay while I'm running but the next day my feet are killing me. Anyone have any idea why? I wear Terroc 330s which seem pretty well cushioned.
    Where are they killing you and did it happen before?

Mostly it's around the arches. Never had it before where it took a couple of days for them to stop aching.

The only time I've had an arch problem it was just that the shape of the shoes didn't suit my feet. Did you wear those same shoes before the break from running?

Yeah but I was doing more road running then so probably didn't wear them so much. After chronic knackered knees I decided to stick with only running off road. My knees seem to cope much better this time but, as you say, sounds like I might need some new shoes. Any suggestions?

Yeah but I was doing more road running then so probably didn't wear them so much. After chronic knackered knees I decided to stick with only running off road. My knees seem to cope much better this time but, as you say, sounds like I might need some new shoes. Any suggestions?
    the plot thickens, Whats wrong with you knees? it could be related. Do you suffer from any back problems?.If so they could all be related.

Um. Yes to back problems too. Basically knackered. To be honest I've always put it down to pushing it too hard and not being in the best shape.

Um. Yes to back problems too. Basically knackered. To be honest I've always put it down to pushing it too hard and not being in the best shape.
    Go get your feet looked at by a podiatrist and have your gait analysed. It may be you are pronating/arch colapsed etc this can cause knee and back problems.

Will do, cheers Ian. Might as well get it sorted out properly.