Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Dark Anniversary Waltz

Re: The Dark Anniversary Waltz

Quote Originally Posted by Bog Trotter View Post
    Bill - the cold must be still affecting you, High Spy after Dale Head and then on down to Maiden Moor!

Great evening thanks for suggesting it, really enjoyed chasing you down those rough descents when I couldn't feel my feet, I could have broken an ankle an not known!

Sorted
    Bill

Smile Re: The Dark Anniversary Waltz

Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaBliss View Post
    Baggins - I am not sure if its cos i am a woman and its what we do, but i would have had all the kit on, waterproofs and balaclava and waterproof winter climbing mitts. I am wondering why you did not? I think as a learning/beginner, maybe wrong to think, but isn't it best to be too warm, rather than get wet through. I am sure there is a reason for this, and again i am just learning/curious.

Well done to the 4 of you, sounds exciting nonetheless! x
    I was doing a little clothing experiment as I am usually like Morgan but wear powerfleece tops and bottoms with a heavier weight waterproof top. This means on the uphills you overheat but are comfortable on the down hills and flat.

This time I wore lycra tights with a thin shortsleeved top and a Rab Vaportrail jacket. Two days previous in stronger winds, no rain and temperatures of around -2 on the tops it was ok, wanted to find how it would perform if the weather broke.

The advantage of wearing thinner more breathable clothing is that you can go faster without overheating and sweating as much (need to carry less water to replace lost fluids on a longer run)

If I'd been doing a timed training run what I'd been wearing would have been fine, in fact I could still overheat if I pushed hard uphill.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    pooo - got family comitments next weekend...... lots of kids arriving for the weekend, it would be a pity to pass them on the M6...... perhaps
    Only one Bat turned up, seems they like somewhere warm to roost afterwards
    Bill

Sounds like a brill recce.... but with broken big foot and kids in tow I was never going to get there
    Baaa Humbug
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    Sounds like a brill recce.... but with broken big foot and kids in tow I was never going to get there
    Baaa Humbug
    Sorry to hear about that, hope you're well for April.

Steve will have to start pulling his weight a bit
    Bill

Fellhound

Sounds like another Baggins epic

Bill, could you email the participants names so I can enter them on the bat league table? I reckon you should get extra points for this outing but the other bats would kill me....