Page 190 of 202 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2012

Thread: The Masters Lounge

Except only the scoreline says Wales beat the wallabies. We laboured badly against 14 men and were lucky to come out 1 point on top!

With a viewpoint like that Wheeze, you should be supporting England. I've been told it's an English trait to find the downsides to every victory.

I watched the highlights - it looked like an amazing game. As was England vs South Africa.

I was there. I would say it was sporadically good. But we are very inconsistent at the moment. We are missing a totemic figure to replace Alun Wyn.

Channel hopping and i've come across a BBC4 documentary on the A303. Some guy being interviewed said it was his favourite road because he's "had a few good dinners off it over the years". Literally off it...pheasants, badgers, the lot; he's eaten quite a king's platter of roadkill over the decades.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Badgers. Not as bad as fox apparently: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...er-a-sett-menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Channel hopping and i've come across a BBC4 documentary on the A303. Some guy being interviewed said it was his favourite road because he's "had a few good dinners off it over the years". Literally off it...pheasants, badgers, the lot; he's eaten quite a king's platter of roadkill over the decades.
    My mum likes a bit of roadkill.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Badgers. Not as bad as fox apparently: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...er-a-sett-menu
    And to think I rode straight past that dead badger I saw on the road verge near East Leake on my cycle ride today! Mind you, I wouldn't want to imagine my wife's reaction when I came back if I dragged a dead badger into the kitchen.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    And to think I rode straight past that dead badger I saw on the road verge near East Leake on my cycle ride today! Mind you, I wouldn't want to imagine my wife's reaction when I came back if I dragged a dead badger into the kitchen.
    Ever since I walked past a Cambodian restaurant proclaiming "We don't serve Rat, Cat, Dog, Monkey, Worm", so suggesting that their rivals did, I have felt quite guilty cutting the fat off my fillet steak.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Why do we still celebrate Christmas? The Bible doesn't say when Jesus was born, and the estimate is he was a summer birth. The pagan festival of saturnalia is probably what we owe the tree to, and the eating of geese, gift giving, and decorations we owe to Charles Dickens. Good will to all men hadn't been heard of until the publication of a Christmas carol. To add to this we have a German fairly tale featuring a guy called sinta Klaus. I used to think I hated Christmas because other people's joy reminded me of what my life was missing, but I now think I reject it because it's based on a disjointed and fictional basis. In short it's a lie, and people can detect lies unconsciously. There have even been characters created to discredit those who might question the lie, namely the Grinch and Ebeneezer Scrooge, and the not so witty insult bah humbug.

I think retail superpowers are heavily involved in keeping a needless and wasteful tradition going, and without the gross levels of consumerism and gaudy materialist culture they espouse, we would simply revert to all getting dressed up as women and running to the top of whinberry Naze. Everything else is simply a scam and a lie.

I don't.

Having a 15 year old I just put up with it.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog