Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays' Coffee

Todays' Coffee

I've run out of ground coffee for my cafetiere.

At work we only have Nescaffe original instant coffee, which although I do drink it like a crack addict, I can't wait to get home, smother myself in my favorite melted chocolate, lie down in front of the fire and read a book from the "Mr Men" series whilst sipping a beautiful coffee from my cafetiere.

I call on you, the people of the forum that drink ground coffee from a cafetiere, to please recommend to me their favorite coffee. Please do not recommend a coffee that costs £50 a cup, and is made from bat or elephant dung or weird stuff like that. I mean something I can buy from a local shop, for local people, or in the supermarket.

Yours with long love,

Shlong.
    I wont be (sh) long, dear.

Is it nearly time for the Forumite of the year award??

It must be for Shlong to pop back up...

My daughter has just bought some almond syrup to add to her coffee, I've asked her to get me some Hazelnut syrup to add to mine...

Nice to have your pretty face back on to relieve the boredom...

Ian

Don't bother with pre-ground coffee. It's crap! Often months old , having lost most of it's taste. Do your taste buds a flavour(!) and get a grinder and some beans.
    the web is your friend here. I've had beans from Pact and Rave, both good service and quality.

Enjoy
    Adam Speed
    P&B

Can't be doing with all this cafatiere shite, Little's flavoured instant coffee for us, Havana Rum flavour highly recommended. Or if you are going down the syrup route like IDP then give gingerbread a try

if you like coffee:
    buy fresh beans (eg square mile) and grind them yourself. otherwise your coffee is most likely stale.
    ditch the cafetiere and buy an aeropress or v60 pour-over coffee maker. you'll get a much better, cleaner flavour and none of that gunky residue spoiling the flavour.
    don't put syrup or flavourings in it.

if you like sweet syrupy milky caffeinated drinks (like chain shop coffee), ignore the above.

My timing is impecable, Ian. Has the voting begun yet?

I quite like the idea of grinding my own coffee beans. The ladies will love it.

Any recommendations for a cheap, yet decent grinder? The majority of the ones on google seems to be in $ and look like the Victorians made them.
    I wont be (sh) long, dear.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    if you like coffee:
    buy fresh beans (eg square mile) and grind them yourself. otherwise your coffee is most likely stale.
    ditch the cafetiere and buy an aeropress or v60 pour-over coffee maker. you'll get a much better, cleaner flavour and none of that gunky residue spoiling the flavour.

if you like sweet syrupy milky caffeinated drinks (like chain shop coffee), ignore the above.
    Isn't an aeropress just a glorified cafetiere?

The very best coffee in the known world is served here: http://kush.co.nz/ If you have a spare weekend it's worth the trip for a cup or two. Only then do you realise what total crap is served by the likes of Starbucks etc. As for instant - undrinkeable, same if you have to add flavourings to coffee

So my advice if you want to impress the ladies , put them on your private jet, quick flight to New Zealand, chill out with a good cup of coffee, buy some beans to bring home (Afghani Black, Lebanese Red or This stuff'll probably kill ya), back home for work on Monday.
    Job sorted.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    The very best coffee in the known world is served here: http://kush.co.nz/ If you have a spare weekend it's worth the trip for a cup or two. Only then do you realise what total crap is served by the likes of Starbucks etc. As for instant - undrinkeable, same if you have to add flavourings to coffee

So my advice if you want to impress the ladies , put them on your private jet, quick flight to New Zealand, chill out with a good cup of coffee, buy some beans to bring home (Afghani Black, Lebanese Red or This stuff'll probably kill ya), back home for work on Monday.
    Job sorted.
    I once bought some black Moroccan in my youth...is that the same stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    if you like coffee:

I was just reading & agreeing with all this & then noticed it was your posting Ben ! Well said.