Page 187 of 202 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2012

Thread: The Masters Lounge

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    A pint of Bathams for me!
    I'm not a true yam yam but my maternal grandmother's side are proper Black Country coming from Dudley, Gornal and Bilston. Although, I was born in Lichfield (parents lived in Cannock the time), I'd count myself as a Brummie as I grew up there and have lived most of my life either within the city or nearby. The Black Country ties are strong and probably explains my support of the Baggies.

This is turning into an education, Dee Dahs also new to me (google helped again). But the lounge welcomes all, whether or not we can understand each other.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

For a part of 2019 i was working from a Black Country office.... On the industrial estate opposite Merry Hill... would that be Brierley Hill, Dudley, or Stourbridge....

The Black Country is certainly a unique area... the traffic though

I used to work in Dudley opposite the castle zoo, is that still there? Friday lunchtime was always to one of the local hostelries, Bathams, Holdens, Ma Pardoes, etc.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Hey Pete, I lived in Lichfield for 3 years as a kid. Did you live there or just born there?
    BigFella, happy memories of Dudley Zoo. Used to go there with the cubs. Chairlift up to the castle on top!

I'm digging out my bottle of '95 Jura (last time I raced there). Anyone joining me??
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

I remember going to Dudley Zoo on a school trip from Mid-Wales in the very late 60's. Don't remember too much about it other than it was a long way and I couldn't understand a word anyone said

A few years later, by the mid seventies, I was fluent in Brummie as they had invaded Mid Wales!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 21-12-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Some of our friends lived in Stourbridge for a few years. One time when we visited them, as we were driving through Dudley I felt the need to explain to my wife why this part of the country was known as the "Black Country". It just isn't very black any more!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    For a part of 2019 i was working from a Black Country office.... On the industrial estate opposite Merry Hill... would that be Brierley Hill, Dudley, or Stourbridge....

The Black Country is certainly a unique area... the traffic though
    That would most likely be Brierley Hill. I hate driving around there. It can take hours to get anywhere and there is no avoiding some of the roads. Bike is quicker but there are sooo many hills and steep.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    I used to work in Dudley opposite the castle zoo, is that still there? Friday lunchtime was always to one of the local hostelries, Bathams, Holdens, Ma Pardoes, etc.
    The zoo is still there. I don't think a lot of the hostelries are though. Hope Ma Pardoes survives the epidemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Hey Pete, I lived in Lichfield for 3 years as a kid. Did you live there or just born there?
    BigFella, happy memories of Dudley Zoo. Used to go there with the cubs. Chairlift up to the castle on top!

I'm digging out my bottle of '95 Jura (last time I raced there). Anyone joining me??
    I was just born in Lichfield - never lived there. Far too posh!

I have memories of visiting the zoo and being scared of the chairlift. I also remember some rather sad looking flamingoes. Best part was the fun fair - never really liked the animal bit.

I'll be finishing off the Scapa later. There's a couple of drams left and after this last weekend, I think it's about time we saw that off.