Thread: Which is best?

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Which is best?

On a day when no efforts or hard session is planned is it more beneficial to do one run of 10miles or 2 runs of 6miles?
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Chris

Re: Which is best?

Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner View Post
    On a day when no efforts or hard session is planned is it more beneficial to do one run of 10miles or 2 runs of 6miles?
    That's an odd question, Fellruner. The 10 miler I reckon because it is easier to organise than two six milers.

Cheers Chris, it may sound strange, but not to me.

I'm lucky that I can take an hour for my lunch & that I've got a gym on-site. This enables me to get in a run of approx 6 miles with a few stretches & some weights before getting showered & back to work.

I know I need to get more miles in than this so for a few mornings a week I'll get up for a run before work.

I've been wondering if it would be better to get a longer run in before work, take an occasional legitimate flexi infringement at lunch to get a longer run in, or if my current schedule is okay.

Depends really before my foot started playing up I was doing two runs a day on about 3 days and used the morning one as a bit of a recovery run still at a reasonable pace but to get rid of the c:@p out of them. The second run would then be a little harder. I like running twice a day and getting the miles in that way rather than a long run

Chris

This is what I reckon: In a weekly schedule a ten mile run, even if is easy, is always going to be a decent component. Better than collecting a couple of six milers for your training diary.

A 6 and a 10 would be the best!

Chris

You need to do two ten mile runs.

dpends on what you want.
    if i were doing it logic is that 2 runs burns more fat as you rev up your metabolic rate twice in a day as opposed to just once.
    however.....
    Short arms and deep pockets. A yorkshire man.

Thanks for the feedback. I've been away for a few days but it's good to see that the forum still has a great depth of knowledge that I can tap in to .

I'll try to get at least one 10 miler in during a week & I'm even prepared to get two 10 milers in during a day if that's what it takes to beat Chris.