Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mtn bike chainrings - Compact?

Re: Mtn bike chainrings - Comp

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    what bloody frame and fork set are you buying
    just trying to say that you will end up spending shitloads of cash to build a one off bike and 3 months after you will question why you did it , honest.
    whats the big deal about having a record set,
    they all do the same thing mate.
    you would have no problem in a decent builder putting together exactly what you wanted,
    how much you gonna pay for the frame and forks and anyway if your going to all that trouble you should be measured on a frame builders jig, you can have the best parts in the world but if the frame is not correct they are no use.

Because Record is better quality & lighter than anything else. I ride my bike a lot. It is my car ( I don't drive & have no intention of driving). Therefore I can justify spending a lot on something which I am going to use to get from A - B quickly, and which I am also going to race upon.

I have never ever retrospectively questioned why I upgraded anything on my bikes, I always feel the performance benefits & know that it was well worth spending that money.

How much do you cycle Daz? From the sound of things you spend sh1tloads on a bike, so you should understand where I'm coming from.
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

What about trying www.ctc.org.uk ,only it's called a message board on the home page.

They do more cycling stuff than on here!

Quote Originally Posted by AllanT View Post
    You don't even know that much about bikes moley so how can you comment??
    Allan I know even less about bikes than that !!

Hence the final line ( I don't half talk total crap .....etc). Was just having a 'silly moment' when home from work, was one of those days when my brain headed into the 'abstract zone'

Don't anyone ever listen to anything I ever suggest about bikes, though I do appreciate and heed your advice, many a time
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Allan I know even less about bikes than that !!

Hence the final line ( I don't half talk total crap .....etc). Was just having a 'silly moment' when home from work, was one of those days when my brain headed into the 'abstract zone'

Don't anyone ever listen to anything I ever suggest about bikes, though I do appreciate and heed your advice, many a time
    LOL, sorry thought afterwards that maybe that reply might sound a bit more harsh than it was meant to!!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!