Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mtn bike chainrings - Compact?

Re: Mtn bike chainrings - Comp

I wish I knew what you were all talking about.
    'That's what you get when you suffer - you get results'

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    its cheaper to buy a full bike , trust me on this
    you will only waste money
    Daz I think you might be confused

The racing bike I want set up the way I want it & so I am going to build a new one - I already have the wheels the cassette & the saddle I want for it, so I want to get the other higher spec components to go with it (It's harder to get off the shelf bikes fitted with campag over here anyway). I doubt very much that I could get a new bike with higher spec wheels (Kysirium SL), cassette (Record Ti) & saddle (Italia SLR) that I already have for much less than I would pay to get the frame, etc that I want. Even when you buy a bike off the shelf there is usually a lot more to be spent on it before it does what you want it to.

On the other hand the other winter bike will be built out of what is left & so shouldn't cost me any money (ie campag vento wheels which are currently in my garage, it will have the centaur groupset which I will be replacing with a record one on the racer, etc. In addition to this I also have spare mtn bike derailliers (LX front & rear), V brakes & the aforementioned crankset. I might rebuild it with a new frame & forks, that's true (as the old one is nearly 2 years old now & due for replacement,), but that would be as a matter of renewal & replacement of fatiguing parts.
    Last edited by AllanT; 22-02-2007 at 12:08 AM.
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by millipede View Post
    Hello allan.
    Hi Milli, how are you???
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Joliver Jim

sprocket
    There used to be a dog called Sprocket on Fraggle Rock.

Fine thankyou. Don't let me distract you from your bike expertise.

There is nothing I like better than to hear you talk about your sprockets and how fast you can go on the coast road. Just what I need at 11'oclock on a Wednesday night!

LOL Bet you go fast on your bike as well Milli!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

No. I need some help and expert instruction. Do you think you could give me some?

Now there's a request a gentleman couldn't refuse!!!.....
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Eight minutes actually and counting. Mud did in four and I thought that was crap enough.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Surely milli, you don't like your men to ejaculate premeturely?

Far better they take some time, before bringing forth??...
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by AllanT View Post
    Daz I think you might be confused

The racing bike I want set up the way I want it & so I am going to build a new one - I already have the wheels the cassette & the saddle I want for it, so I want to get the other higher spec components to go with it (It's harder to get off the shelf bikes fitted with campag over here anyway). I doubt very much that I could get a new bike with higher spec wheels (Kysirium SL), cassette (Record Ti) & saddle (Italia SLR) that I already have for much less than I would pay to get the frame, etc that I want. Even when you buy a bike off the shelf there is usually a lot more to be spent on it before it does what you want it to.

On the other hand the other winter bike will be built out of what is left & so shouldn't cost me any money (ie campag vento wheels which are currently in my garage, it will have the centaur groupset which I will be replacing with a record one on the racer, etc. In addition to this I also have spare mtn bike derailliers (LX front & rear), V brakes & the aforementioned crankset. I might rebuild it with a new frame & forks, that's true (as the old one is nearly 2 years old now & due for replacement,), but that would be as a matter of renewal & replacement of fatiguing parts.
    what bloody frame and fork set are you buying
    just trying to say that you will end up spending shitloads of cash to build a one off bike and 3 months after you will question why you did it , honest.
    whats the big deal about having a record set,
    they all do the same thing mate.
    you would have no problem in a decent builder putting together exactly what you wanted,
    how much you gonna pay for the frame and forks and anyway if your going to all that trouble you should be measured on a frame builders jig, you can have the best parts in the world but if the frame is not correct they are no use.

What you are trying to put together is like having a Walsh on the left foot and an Innov8 on the right. Then you'll wonder why one side is more efficient that t'other side and you keep going round in circles - much like the wheels on this bike.

I can't half talk total crap when I put my mind to it.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    What you are trying to put together is like having a Walsh on the left foot and an Innov8 on the right. Then you'll wonder why one side is more efficient that t'other side and you keep going round in circles - much like the wheels on this bike.

I can't half talk total crap when I put my mind to it.
    No it's not, it's like having a brand new (but broken in) lightweight pair of innov8's for racing & then a pair of old knackered trainers for training in.

You don't even know that much about bikes moley so how can you comment??
    Last edited by AllanT; 22-02-2007 at 09:01 PM.
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!