Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Random rant about dog owners!

Random rant about dog owners!

My house backs onto farmland which is very popular with dog owners. On my way back from a run this morning I had to go through a gap in some trees where the path is through very thick mud. At the same time I got there, at fullish speed, several large dogs and their owners started to appear through the gap. I had to slide almost to a halt to avoid the tree (almost!) that one dog was carrying and then try and keep some momentum to get through the mud. A couple of the people made some sort of effort to move out the way, (though the dogs, as they do, just ran in front of me) but the last bloke just stood gawping as I nearly piled into him.

Anyway, as I carried on I heard sarcastic shouts and jeers of "your welcome" and the like, but,

WHAT THE F@@! SHOULD I HAVE SAID THANKS FOR? THE NEAR IMPACT WITH A SIX FOOT BRANCH, THE FACT THAT NONE OF THEIR DOGS ACTUALY MAULED ME OR TRIPPED ME UP OR THAT A COUPLE OF THEIR PARTY OF ABOUT 8 PEOPLE AND DOGS BLOCKING THE WHOLE BLOODY PATH MOVED SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO SWIM IN THE MUD???? I ASK YER!

Rant over..... I'll take me tablets now...

Re: Random rant about dog owne

Dog ownere are bonkers. Why anyone would want to share their life with an animal of a different species unless it was working or they were going to eat it, I don't know.
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...

I hate the little bags of poo they hang from trees.

please don't tar us all with the same brush.

i have been running with my dogs for 4 years and its the best thing ever. perfect training partners.

most of us don't hang shit in trees and people go first at gates/styles/gaps not dogs.

keep taking the pills.

Quote Originally Posted by hhh fell dept. View Post
    please don't tar us all with the same brush.

i have been running with my dogs for 4 years and its the best thing ever. perfect training partners.

most of us don't hang shit in trees and people go first at gates/styles/gaps not dogs.

keep taking the pills.
    I have to agree with this, I run all the time with my dogs, they are great when out on the fells in the dark.

And like hhh fell dept said it's the owners that don't dispose of the bags properly.

Quote Originally Posted by skennaugh View Post
    I hate the little bags of poo they hang from trees.
    whats the point in that, if you're going to go to the effort of picking the stuff up why not just take it home or put it in a dog poo bin..........lazy dirty b@st@rds

Not trying to tar all. Just find it strange that some people will go to the trouble to put the poo in a bag and leave it in a tree or on a gate. If they just left it where the dog left it it would wash away next time it rained. In the bags it is preserved for ages!

I have got to say the place i see this done most is well away from town or any residential area, there are no poo bins. This is still no excuse.

Think of it as 'steeplechase' training

It's even worse when your own dog trips you up
    Last edited by sbrt; 17-12-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Could not agree more! Horrid creatures - although often not as bad as their owners. At least now my children are big enough that I don't have to direct them around the piles of **** that these animals leave.
    Fell over one dark coloured dog on a canal tow path and at the end of Tour of Pendle owners had a dog off the lead and then waited till I was almost along side before calling it back. It ran between my legs and down I went grazing hands and knees.
    I am also fed up with being told "he's only playing, he won't hurt you". I don't know that, I am not even sure the dog knows that and if I wanted a smelly ball of hair to jump up and cover me in mud I would buy my own