Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now what am I to do

Re: Now what am I to do

Quote Originally Posted by The Piglit View Post
    What other Piglet? And a she? and in the same area? Oh this could be destiny!

But seriously (again????) Thanks for info. I will give the route a try over the forthcoming crimbo limbo period check me time then compare against results from last year if I would not have been last then bang in an entry!

Tactics!
    Best to set out from the carpark nearer the Flouch to missout on the track at the start and finish. It will also make your race time more realistic. PM me if you go out and If I'm free I'll join you.

Just checked last years thread and results and route on map. Looks do-able. Thanks for offer of company. A bit wary at the moment of being an embarrassment or encumbarance (spelling?) to anyone at the moment but have to say fairly confident of doing that route ahead last years last man's time.

I have rooted out Piglet's details and threads and sent a brief PM

And it really is time to go to bed now................
    The internationally famous pork-faced mentalist

And it really is time to go to bed now................
    That wasn't the PM by the way
    The internationally famous pork-faced mentalist

Master and MR

I will be on the door again

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    That would be impossible even if Geoff turns up. it's so well catered for and Daz does a good job on the Door keeping out the Cake munchers.
    What do you mean, IF Geoff turns up? Of course I'll be there, it's one of my real favourites. Without doubt the BEST race in the Hayfield area.

However, Ian, you're quite right - the catering is superb. Cakes, soup, cakes and more cakes!! Don't worry, Socks, I'll save a piece especially for you - what do you fancy, chocolate or fruit cake?

Thanks Geoff! Not fussy me - I'll have anything! And a bit of cake too...

Just checked last years thread and results and route on map. Looks do-able. Thanks for offer of company. A bit wary at the moment of being an embarrassment or encumbarance (spelling?) to anyone at the moment but have to say fairly confident of doing that route ahead last years last man's time.
    I usually go for a slow 10 miler Chrismas eve with some friends from PFPR but nothing seems to be planned this year so I might go for a slow plod round if any one is interested. Mince pies and hip flasks are obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    Thanks Geoff! Not fussy me - I'll have anything! And a bit of cake too...
    Now that's what I like - a lady who's easy to please!!

Wink Re: Now what am I to do

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I've just been checking out races for early next year on the FRA site and just discovered that two of my favourite races are on the same day

Now what do I do

SUN.FEB 1. KINDER TRIAL (R). O. 10.00 a.m. - 11.00 a.m. interval starts. 11m/2000'(approx) from Hayfield Scout Hut (GR 035873). £6 (includes map and soup) - pre-entry by Jan. 23rd on FRA form, cheques payable to "A. L. Howie". ER/LK/NS. Over 18. 2008 winners: 1.55.14 J. Boyle; f. 2.27.26 Z. Fleming. Long counter in Hayfield Championship. No safety pins. Details: Andy Howie, The Chalet, Tunstead Clough, Edale Road, Hayfield, High Peak, SK22 2LL. Tel: 01663 742138 and 07970 751833. Email: [email protected] Website: cs.man.ac.uk/~temples/hc/

SUN.FEB 1. MICKLEDEN STRADDLE (R). BL. 10.30 a.m. 13.8m/1980' from Langsett Barn (GR 211005 on OS OL1) on A616 Langsett Road. £4.50 pre-entry, on form from website or FRA form, by 28th Jan. (cheques payable to "Denby Dale Travellers) or £5 on day if 200 limit not reached. Teams free. NS. Over 18. Records: 1.35.38 D. Watson 2006; f. 1.54.22 C. Howard 2006. Full body cover and map - kit check. Details: Mick Baldwin, 59 Stocks Way, Shepley, Huddersfield, HD8 8DL. Tel: 01484 603019. Email: [email protected] Website: denbydaletravellers.co.uk
    Soz Ian.....
    Jan09 is all a bit mad for me, also wanted to have bit more space between Lambs Longer Leg & KT09....(and apologies to Mickleden it's cracking race - one I've had plenty of tussles in)....
    As ever, at KT09, there should be a River of Super Soup & a Mountain of KFR Kakes, provided the soup fairies & elf miners are not on strike....
    We might even have snow....again !
    Will probably revert to Jan (24th or 31st) in 2010....
    ...that's if I've recovered in time !
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Easy for me - Mickleden Straddle for me as I've taken part in it for the last 4 years. Besides, I don't know one end of a compass from the other so my "O" skills could be called 'woeful'....