Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Do you remember getting into..

Re: Do you remember getting in

I prefer a cute ass! (sorry couldn't help that) That sounds annoying. I suppose sounds sound annoying.
    http://www.manxfellrunners.org/
    My island is very nice

Smile Re: Do you remember getting in

You have taken the hardest step-even thinking about running. It won't be very easy at first but give it a few months and you won't regret it, me and my family now have the best social lives thanks to all the fab friends we have made due to running You will encounter the most genuine bunch of people ever (always ready to help keep you going & keep morale up). If you have kids its also a brill sport to teach them that money hasnt spolit all sports (like footie) and that the person who comes last has run just as far as the winner!!-not a bad lesson to take through life?! I would advise that in a while when you cant see any improvement re-visit one of your first runs and you may be suprised at the difference (we constantly say we cant ever imagine anyone actually finding running easy-just somtimes it isnt as hard!!)

Quote Originally Posted by are we nearly there yet? View Post
    You have taken the hardest step-even thinking about running. It won't be very easy at first but give it a few months and you won't regret it, me and my family now have the best social lives thanks to all the fab friends we have made due to running You will encounter the most genuine bunch of people ever (always ready to help keep you going & keep morale up). If you have kids its also a brill sport to teach them that money hasnt spolit all sports (like footie) and that the person who comes last has run just as far as the winner!!-not a bad lesson to take through life?! I would advise that in a while when you cant see any improvement re-visit one of your first runs and you may be suprised at the difference (we constantly say we cant ever imagine anyone actually finding running easy-just somtimes it isnt as hard!!)
    Excellent bit of advice there AWNTY
    I must remember to read this again when I get back to running as I know it is going to be a tough incline!
    It's amazing what a bit of encouragement from other people can do!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

I see a 1-2-1 fitness instructor next week, who is also a friend, he is going to help me do a run/walk program, thanks, i can see its going to be difficult, infact probably darn right impossible, but i think i got to try...i have nothing but admiration for the runners on this site, looking at the photos and the weather conditions, looks blumming crazy, i went to watch a race in Calderdale, i was abit bored, because i was looking after kids in the car, not out there getting involved. Saw the finish line, met one or two of the lads on here, had to do a walk across a field, and a bridge and up a hill, and i was blumming knackered at the top, had the wrong clothing on, wrong shoes etc.

There is a virus on my computer, so i might not be online for a few days till i can sort it out, but i shall take on board what you written, many thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaBliss View Post
    I see a 1-2-1 fitness instructor next week, who is also a friend, he is going to help me do a run/walk program, thanks, i can see its going to be difficult, infact probably darn right impossible, but i think i got to try...i have nothing but admiration for the runners on this site, looking at the photos and the weather conditions, looks blumming crazy, i went to watch a race in Calderdale, i was abit bored, because i was looking after kids in the car, not out there getting involved. Saw the finish line, met one or two of the lads on here, had to do a walk across a field, and a bridge and up a hill, and i was blumming knackered at the top, had the wrong clothing on, wrong shoes etc.

There is a virus on my computer, so i might not be online for a few days till i can sort it out, but i shall take on board what you written, many thanks!!!
    Enjoy the buzz NB. I'm sure you'll get it! It won't be easy at first but learn to soak up the feeling you get from the achievement.
    Good luck with the virus!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Thank you MG... x

Sounds pretty good. If you don't like it don't do it. See you soon NB
    My island is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by skennaugh View Post
    Home at last! I don't remember any pain, I cried lots when the doc finally convinced me i wouldn't run the maraton a month later! The worst bit of the day was after my mates had carried me to the landrover at the top of the cliff they put me down in a huge pile of dog shit! Took ages to get my climbing shoes off, there was no way anyone was cutting them off!
    I would have given anything to be in the trauma room that day.....If you came into Resus on my shift after falling off a moderate Skennaugh you wouldn't be getting any sympathy!!!! I do have a nice pair of tough cuts though...:-P
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Thanks Al! I didn't get much sympathy as it was. How are you? Thought you would have been there on New years day.
    My island is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by skennaugh View Post
    Thanks Al! I didn't get much sympathy as it was. How are you? Thought you would have been there on New years day.
    I was going to race, but got asked to work so ended up doing that instead. Am trying to make an effort to get fit again, been so lazy over the last year!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!