Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Fra calendar/handbook

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Re: Fra calendar/handbook

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Don't take it to heart Margaret. This is just 1 numpty.
    You Brett and the Committee do an excellent job for us and we are very greatful for that.
    Have a lovely Christmas and thanks again for all your hard work.
    Seconded ( err apart from the Brett bit)

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    I must apologise to Margaret for my impatience,believe it or not I am an event organiser myself as well as being a founder member of the FRA and a former committee member so I should know better than to criticise anyone who gives of thier time freely to serve others........I stand corrected !
    Thats the problem with forums its all to easy to air your thoughs in public, once its written and submitted its all too late to think again about what you have written or who you might upset.

I find thats half the fun, we all make mistakes and it is true that all the organisers work their socks off and in this case I think that Margarets reply was dignified and justified, howeveryou cannot please everybody all the time and that has to be accepted, i don't believe we have to tug forelocks all the time because people volunteer and I know Margaret was not suggesting this, however some of the replies seem to htink that this is the case

Sometimes it worth sticking wind up statements out there or geniune beliefs -such as in my personal opinion Fell Runner isn't that good really, not that I don't understand that a lot of hard work goes into it or that a lot of people appreciate it, but I don't bother reading it these days and would certainly not pay for it, but i bet that does not cause Britta to lose sleep and nor should she. Putting out contentious statements helps to show how full of sh*t and pumped up self opiniated drivel many of us forumites are, reading some of the responses from others on this thread helps to show that.

Don't beat your self up Norman, some people on here should aplogise for their their sheeplike responses eh Penguin .

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Big Fella View Post
    Yup, got mine also. I know how I'll be spending Monday morning at work now....
    mine not arrived yet
    going to leave some stale mince pies and sherry out for the postman now.
    In fact I am getting so excited i don't think i will sleep tonight.
    yippee, i hope it arrives tomorrow

Got mine today.

As a suggested enhancement to the handbook, I wonder if it would be possible for the 2010 edition to identify (by different font, italics, bold or something) which races are new to the calendar. The first thing I do when I receive it is to look through to see what's new and this would help enormously!

PS - a seperate summary list of new races would also serve this purpose..

PPS - Before the guardians of the FRA's (voluntary) officials flame me, this is in no way meant as a criticism of an already excellent and invaluable publication

Quote Originally Posted by end View Post
    Have you ever thought of glancing through the index (from page 23) and looking for an unfamiliar name?

Or is that too difficult?

Another example of what I was talking about, Trundlers request , which include the fact he stated was not criticising anyone was immediatley attacked without reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    I find thats half the fun, we all make mistakes and it is true that all the organisers work their socks off and in this case I think that Margarets reply was dignified and justified, howeveryou cannot please everybody all the time and that has to be accepted, i don't believe we have to tug forelocks all the time because people volunteer and I know Margaret was not suggesting this, however some of the replies seem to htink that this is the case

Sometimes it worth sticking wind up statements out there or geniune beliefs -such as in my personal opinion Fell Runner isn't that good really, not that I don't understand that a lot of hard work goes into it or that a lot of people appreciate it, but I don't bother reading it these days and would certainly not pay for it, but i bet that does not cause Britta to lose sleep and nor should she. Putting out contentious statements helps to show how full of sh*t and pumped up self opiniated drivel many of us forumites are, reading some of the responses from others on this thread helps to show that.

Don't beat your self up Norman, some people on here should aplogise for their their sheeplike responses eh Penguin .

yawn i see Victor'Antisocial' Meldrew starts the year off with a bang!
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    yawn i see Victor'Antisocial' Meldrew starts the year off with a bang!
    You make being right so easy

Prove it then.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Prove it then.

Thank you, you just have (again).

by the way Tussock face happy new year, I am sure we wuill both be injury free and racing each other for the line in no time at all.

Also the way things are going we will be the only 2 left chatting on here as well.

That is proved me right - but you knew that of course being one of the more intelligent gentlemanly members.

That's really good and made me laugh!

And yes, I agree with you AntiSocial, End's reply to what I felt was a perfectly good suggestion by Trundler was more than a bit reactionary
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...