Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fra calendar/handbook

Re: Fra calendar/handbook

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Haven't you heard? There's been a hitch cock!
    Swoop, I hereby confess to only going on this forum to search out your one liners.

Anyway, issue over as far as I can see esp. with it being the season of goodwill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginge Whinge View Post
    Swoop, I hereby confess to only going on this forum to search out your one liners.
    You are too kind.
    Glad somebody got it!

Its all very well posting the calendar on the website what about the rest of us with no online access. Race organisers have to get their information back in plenty of time to get the handbook out well before Christmas a binding problem sounds to be a poor excuse, not the fault of the compilers obviously but a poor show by the printers methinks.
    Plenty of room for any Wharfedale Harriers this Christmas at my place, you can have the room right next to my office so that I can kleep my eyes on you and who knows mother might invite you up for lunch.

Swoop anymore jokes like that and you will be getting the BIRD and Norman I think you are just Psycho starting this thread.
    Stephen Batley Skyrac AC,
    Specific,Measurable,Attainable,Relevant and Time-Bound

Quote Originally Posted by Big Compass View Post
    Swoop anymore jokes like that and you will be getting the BIRD and Norman I think you are just Psycho starting this thread.
    Don't get into a Frenzy folks, Swoop is Notorious for these sort of jokes i'm Alfred
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    Race organisers have to get their information back in plenty of time to get the handbook out well before Christmas a binding problem sounds to be a poor excuse, not the fault of the compilers obviously but a poor show by the printers methinks.
    Since you don't seem to either believe or understand what has been posted I'll try to give you the relevant facts:

1. First of all you talk about the compilers, the Calendar has just one compiler, myself. For about one month I am occupied essentially full-time getting it together and for another month part-time. If I wasn't retired it would be impossible for me to do it! If you would like all the details from writing to every race organiser & advertiser etc to proofing the Calendar after it has been set up for printing I can supply them! After proofing there is little I can do other than check on progress re the printing and binding.

2.The Calendar was compiled, proofed, printed and bound to exactly the same schedule as in previous years and the same printers employed.

3.By Sat. 13th Dec the Calendar had been sent by the printers to the distributors Cambertown to be sent out as usual by mail sort. The FRA Membership Co-ordinator had supplied all the information for the mailing and the FRA treasurer was involved to ensure that the payment required for the mailing was in hand.

4.At this stage I received a few copies of the Calendar to send to advertisers with their invoices and extra copies for committee members etc. When we opened them some pages fell out because of inadequate binding. The printers were contacted immediately and they decided that all 7600 Calendars should be re-bound. This entailed stripping off the covers, printing new covers and rebinding.

5.The present situation on Christmas eve morning is that the re-binding is not quite complete. After chasing and chasing.......I am told by the printers that they hope to bring staff in on Mon. to complete the task and send the Calendars to the distributor.

6.The distributors are working next week and although we have missed our original slot they will endeavor to fit our job in amongst other contracted work.

Do you think I am happy with the situation after all my efforts and freely given time?

I'm afraid putting information on the website & forum is all Brett and I can do to help at this stage.

Margaret Chippendale
    FRA Fixtures Sec.

Banned

Don't take it to heart Margaret. This is just 1 numpty.
    You Brett and the Committee do an excellent job for us and we are very greatful for that.
    Have a lovely Christmas and thanks again for all your hard work.

I'm sure that 99.9% of FRA members massively appreciate Margaret's hard work at putting together the FRA handbook of races, and would far rather wait a few days than receive a copy where all the pages fall out as soon as you open it.

I don't see what the big panic and rush is all about.
    The Jan/Feb races are posted on the website, and very few of us to do any fell races in Jan and Feb anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    ...what about the rest of us with no online access.
    And you'll be posting online, what, by carrier pigeon?
    Why walk when you can run.

[QUOTE=Norman Bates;179938]Its all very well posting the calendar on the website what about the rest of us with no online access. Race organisers have to get their information back in plenty of time to get the handbook out well before Christmas a binding problem sounds to be a poor excuse, not the fault of the compilers obviously but a poor show by the printers methinks.

Being only one or two steps away from Luddite status myself even I am confused as to how postings can be made on here with "no online access"

In the race to make yourself the most unpopular member of the fell running fraternity I must say you have made a cracking start.

Margaret rocks her work is amazing dont knock it.
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"