Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Fra calendar/handbook

Re: Fra calendar/handbook

Margaret, please let me know if there's any way I can help with next year's Calendar. I'd be very willing to assist, but it sounds as if it's running like a well oiled machine, and I won't be upset if you say that it's all under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    Its all very well posting the calendar on the website what about the rest of us with no online access. Race organisers have to get their information back in plenty of time to get the handbook out well before Christmas a binding problem sounds to be a poor excuse, not the fault of the compilers obviously but a poor show by the printers methinks.
    Plenty of room for any Wharfedale Harriers this Christmas at my place, you can have the room right next to my office so that I can kleep my eyes on you and who knows mother might invite you up for lunch.
    How have you managed to get on here then?

Banned

FRAfixtures, you do a good job for the members and I do not understand the logic of this persons grumbling.
    Unless it is to provoke a response.

It would be interesting to meet him at a race.

Quote Originally Posted by So Wood View Post
    FRAfixtures, you do a good job for the members and I do not understand the logic of this persons grumbling.
    Unless it is to provoke a response.

It would be interesting to meet him at a race.
    He implied he's going to the Naze on BOXING day.

two toenails

People who whinge have never done the said job themselves.
    Offer help at races from time to time, people will rarely refuse you.
    Merry Christmas to one and all!

Quote Originally Posted by studmarks View Post
    How have you managed to get on here then?
    Now look here studmarks, I've already made this comment back on page 2 or thereabouts.

And it must have been at least a dozen postings since I last had I go at Norman. So, here goes... Norman, you're a plonker.
    Why walk when you can run.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    Its all very well posting the calendar on the website what about the rest of us with no online access. Race organisers have to get their information back in plenty of time to get the handbook out well before Christmas a binding problem sounds to be a poor excuse, not the fault of the compilers obviously but a poor show by the printers methinks.
    fthlinkin fleck, i have a to thragee fwith tha noor........

Your a Fplonker!

also as you say in your post prior to me snipping it... thought i had better put that before i get misquoted..

you mention some or the rest of us who have no online access hmmm so you have no online access.....

ffooling me!!!

and stop bullying margeret......

i suggest you should be banned for having a go at someone who is prepared to put there free time in to compile something for people who just whinge!
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by theNoor View Post
    Now look here studmarks, I've already made this comment back on page 2 or thereabouts.

And it must have been at least a dozen postings since I last had I go at Norman. So, here goes... Norman, you're a plonker.
    Sorry Noor missed your posting haven't got online access you see
    Your right about old Master. Bates he is a plonker.

And nearly all races are held the same weekend / day from year to year anyway so for a rough idea of what to plan the previous year's calender usually works fine.
    One more lap!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    And nearly all races are held the same weekend / day from year to year anyway so for a rough idea of what to plan the previous year's calender usually works fine.
    Not quite - I have already found out that Darwen Gala Fell Race is 1 week later and that Duddon / Ennerdale are only 1 week apart, not 2 as last year.

This is because some work on a sort of "3rd Sat in month" basis, and other work on "last Sat in month basis" etc.

I do find the calendar an excellent guide, but I do think it would be useful to get the online calendar available earlier.

As an athlete, coach, youth team track and field manager, I am trying to put my April - June Schedule together already, fitting in around Lancs T&F Champs, Northern T&F CHamps, NATYAL League fixtures, Northern 12 Stage Relays etc

and I cannot find the published date of many fell races. The dates are there, have been since October - but it seems it is a secret until the Calendar is issued.