Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New shoes

New shoes

I need some new shoes for the road but due to past injuries i need a bit of support and good padding/shock absorbtion. What do you think of the inov8 roadish type shoes. Weight isn't an issue but comfort is.
    http://www.manxfellrunners.org/
    My island is very nice

Re: New shoes

Quote Originally Posted by skennaugh View Post
    I need some new shoes for the road but due to past injuries i need a bit of support and good padding/shock absorbtion. What do you think of the inov8 roadish type shoes. Weight isn't an issue but comfort is.
    Which innov8 shoes do you mean?
    I can do down hill

I just got some new Asics Gel thingy top of the range shoes at a heavily discounted price. Haven't tried them yet but they are the same model as my old ones so should be fine. Wide fitting which I want, cushioning + anti over pronating shoe. Have found ideal for me but there is that much choice. I like Asics shoes for the width and build quality. Also got some Mizuno Wave Ascend 3's for a bit of everything but my left outside foot got bruised with them yesterday after 14 miles but I think it's a lacing issue. Always hate bedding in a new shoe and getting the lacing/insole thing just right. It's nice to put a shoe on and not even think about it during your run. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by skennaugh View Post
    The most roady of innov8's I use are the roclite 315 trail ... for me they're OK for a few miles on road type surfaces but after that I need more cushionning. For road I've had good experience with Asics (Gel Nimbus a neutral shoe) and also with NIKE (Womens Percept). Have also heard good reports about Asics from people who use their structured support shoes. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by huf&puf; 03-01-2009 at 05:50 PM.
    I can do down hill

I've been wearing Asics gel orient II for the last few months and they have been fantastic. Feels like i'm running on cardboard now though. Got some Nike shox, but don't seem to get on with them. Anything over 10 miles and my toes feel battered. Not really sure which inov8s, just thought i would see if anyone would throw up any recomendations. There is quite a lot of choice! Might be best to stick with Asics, they seem to work for me.
    My island is very nice

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

I need neutral shoes (I have inserts) with lots of cushioning for the road, I was recomended New balance 1060's about 3 years ago and have found them great. My Pod also approves of NB shoes becuase of the amopunt of cushioning, when I first bought a pair they were £80, but JJB sells them at a reduced price of £35 (from £49 - last year it was £35 from £70 who makes these prices up?) Any way though they are not a fashionable looking I find them very comfy and solid feeling.

currently running in Brooks Ghost, realy comfy and a good feel for them whilst road running, just replaced my flyroc 310's last pair lasted 10 months, need another pair of each as i tend to find i do better with 2 pairs of the same shoes prior to manafactuers changing the models.
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

Hi there,

New to this forum. I have a pair of Saucony Pro grid Trimph. They have been the most comfortable pair of road shoes I have ever had. Might be worth trying out a pair.

Graeme

You're spoilt for choice really, if you need support then you need something with some 'Duomax' (Asics) or one of the other brands dual density components. After that depends what weight you are and what sort of distance you are running in them.

Nike Air Zoom Elite, Saucony Progrid Paramount or New Balance 903's are light and good for regular training/racing up to about 10 miles, but certainly 13 miles upwards I'd prefer something like the NB1224 or The Nike Skylon. All the above being heavily discounted at the moment.

I always found the Nike air more squidge than cushion. There is too much darn choice!
    My island is very nice