Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenager with Altitude

Re: Teenager with Altitude

Definitely the TWA for me. I enjoyed the AW last year, but after pottering round the area of the first half of the TWA on last year's delightful OMM, can't wait to get back there.

Fellhound

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Considering the demands of this route and the time of the year, the proposal is for strict vetting of ALL applicants - ?two AL's in the last 12 months, including a 'Lakeland Classic'?
    That would exclude me because, although I've done all the Lakeland Classics before I didn't do any of them last year. In fact I haven't done any AL in the past 12 months (Long Mynd Valleys was only an AM, surprisingly..) So, it looks like it's off my list of "possibles".

Quote Originally Posted by Trundler View Post
    That would exclude me because, although I've done all the Lakeland Classics before I didn't do any of them last year. In fact I haven't done any AL in the past 12 months (Long Mynd Valleys was only an AM, surprisingly..) So, it looks like it's off my list of "possibles".
    Me too....injured so didnt race much last year....did a BGR tho...maybe it would be an idea to stretch it to the previous 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by The Master View Post
    Me too....injured so didnt race much last year....did a BGR tho...maybe it would be an idea to stretch it to the previous 2 years?
    Yes - 2 years would help to include a lakeland classic...past 12 months rules me out too although have a AL or 3 by then won't have a 'classic'

Superb route extension, especially in todays conditions where you could see for miles! Not one for lightweights by ANY stretch!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Superb route extension, especially in todays conditions where you could see for miles! Not one for lightweights by ANY stretch!!!!
    Rules me out then

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Great that's my out as well!

Fantastic route! Did the TWAT up to Robinson then retired knackered. The whole thing together is going to be tough, but worth it. The route follows some of the best (and oddly neglected) ridges in the lakes, with superb views and a modicum of route choice.

Today, in the snow and clear blue skies was a special day. Almost makes me want to take up fell running.

sweet!! Ideal Jura prep

We're listening to your comments and are now thinking that in order to keep an open field the qualification should be changed to........
    2 x ALs over the past 2 years to include BG's, OMM, LAMM etc.
    We will confirm if we get permission from the NT
    Any other suggestions please.
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

Fellhound

I'll still be excluded due to no AL races for the past two years (even though I've done recce runs of the full courses of Duddon, Wasdale, Three Shires and the Arrochar Alps!) Nope, all I've got is my overall pedigree and that will not be enough...

I will be able to do the "basic" AW and the Moelwyn 3 Peaks the week after, but sadly not the Yorkshire Three Peaks the week after that.

Guess I'll have to get my finger out this year and restore my 'status'