Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenager with Altitude

Re: Teenager with Altitude

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Dom, Borrowdale in August, Three Shires in September, Langdale in early October. No-one can guarantee the weather at anytime of the year in the Lakes, but the above examples will surely offer novices the opportunity of a more benign introduction to the Lakeland Classics. Bear in mind that the AW in April has been run in fairly deep snow before today.
    Yes. The media's reporting of the OMM was very unreal from the perspective of us that participate in this sport; but there's a huge ground swell of voting, tax-paying, lobbying Joe Public out there, whose opinions are moulded by the unreal media.
    Is this the same Borrowdale that was cut short last year due to bad weather?

WP, fair comment. A wrong choice of words on my part ( I was aiming to 'think positive'). Lets swap ....'more benign' .... for .....'less malevolent'...?
    They both mean the same thing in the end, it's just that the latter has a somewhat negative inference.
    less malevolent sounds more like my perception. I'll let you have that one

No. But a good friend of the organisers, and fully appreciate their situation.
    What situation is that?

Keep it real peeps.
    If the race goes ahead it will be a very tough AL and the entry requirements are down to the organisers who will adhere to FRA guidlines as well as whatever they think appropriate for a race which THEY are organising. Have some respect for whatever decision they make - don't forgot, it is still not 100% on yet and if it does go ahead, whatever the entry requirements, will be down to Steve & Wynn. Don't let's nit pick about a potentially fantastic race route that is still to be confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Keep it real peeps.
    If the race goes ahead it will be a very tough AL and the entry requirements are down to the organisers who will adhere to FRA guidlines as well as whatever they think appropriate for a race which THEY are organising. Have some respect for whatever decision they make - don't forgot, it is still not 100% on yet and if it does go ahead, whatever the entry requirements, will be down to Steve & Wynn. Don't let's nit pick about a potentially fantastic race route that is still to be confirmed.
    I think the criteria should be anyone who has recently completed a County XC Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I think the criteria should be anyone who has recently completed a County XC Champs
    Oy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Keep it real peeps.
    Don't let's nit pick about a potentially fantastic race route that is still to be confirmed.
    Well said Ady !
    See the light in the night

Fellhound

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    But isn't all this risking becoming a viscous circle? You can't do a Lakeland AL until you've done a Lakeland AL?
    I'm still waiting for someone to answer this point....

Personally, I do accept my fate if I'm excluded; I just haven't raced enough recently so have failed to maintain my "pedigree" (I use the term loosely!) BUT - why would one of the qualifying races have to be a Lakes Classic? If I'd done (say) the Arrochar Alps and the Bens of Jura last year I'd feel justifiably aggrieved to be excluded on the grounds of inexperience!

.... actually, it sounds as though any 2 ALs will be accepted now so the AA and the BoJ would be acceptable. If only I'd done them...
    Last edited by Fellhound; 12-01-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Ahhh well the verdict's in.............

No Teenager this year. The National Trust has decided it's a no go....

Oh well maybe next year
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

Shame - I was considering having a go as well - just to wind up those clearly better than me, just not qualified