Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Montrail Highlanders

Feet in the Cowclaps

Re: Montrail Highlanders

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Stagger View Post
    You have to ring them, their website isn't quite up to date. I've ordered 2 pairs today at £40 per pair.
    Will do, thanks.

I ordered the Montrails on Tuesday and they landed on my doorstep this morning, great service!

Feet in the Cowclaps

They only have a few small sizes in the women’s Highlanders left.

Lakes Runner http://www.lakesrunner.com/ have a number of sizes in stock at 52 quid and free postage if you're not in a hurry. Just bought a pair though having lived in Yorkshire for several years I have to say that spending money at all now causes some distress.
    The internationally famous pork-faced mentalist

Mine have ripped my heels to bits, been busy with the surgical spirit on my feet and a mallett on the trainers
    Anyone else had this problem, should i persevere with them or sell them and try something else
    Shame cos they're comfy everywhere else
    Hills and Guinness!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Mine have ripped my heels to bits, been busy with the surgical spirit on my feet and a mallett on the trainers
    Anyone else had this problem, should i persevere with them or sell them and try something else
    Shame cos they're comfy everywhere else
    I've done Half-Yorkshireman, Wensleydale Wedge, Tankys, XOTF and Hebden in mine without an issue at all but they are very high up at the back and I've occasionally felt a 'nip' from them standing around before setting off for a run

Good to have you back merry btw
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I've done Half-Yorkshireman, Wensleydale Wedge, Tankys, XOTF and Hebden in mine without an issue at all but they are very high up at the back and I've occasionally felt a 'nip' from them standing around before setting off for a run

Good to have you back merry btw
    Cheers mate, good to be back, i'd settle for a 'nip' standing around over 17 miles of rubbing and finishing the Hebden with blood and skin all over my socks anyday
    Must have weird heels, it may be back to the Mizuno slippers for me
    Hills and Guinness!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Cheers mate, good to be back, i'd settle for a 'nip' standing around over 17 miles of rubbing and finishing the Hebden with blood and skin all over my socks anyday
    Must have weird heels, it may be back to the Mizuno slippers for me
    It's horses for courses I suppose I found the Wave Harriers very soft and flexible and really didn't like them. The trail shoe I haven't tried but really fancy is the Inov8 315. I picked some up the other week and they looked very comfy
    Last edited by Derby Tup; 12-01-2009 at 06:52 PM.
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Nice to see you back Merry.

Mine have done the same:

I bought them last jun, I was planning on doing Snowdon in them but the first time out, they rubbed mega blisters on the Achillies. Since then I've tried to run them in on short runs, used em for walking around town, to pub etc to no avail.
    Had the mallet and the kettle to em - they've been ok for walking around in so last weekend went for 15m on Kinder - BIG mistake!
    They haven't blistered me this time, but the achillies feel like they've been in a vice, still aching over a week after.

Have given up with em now, time to buy more shoes again; think I'll look at the Invo8s DT mentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Highy View Post
    Nice to see you back Merry.

Mine have done the same:

I bought them last jun, I was planning on doing Snowdon in them but the first time out, they rubbed mega blisters on the Achillies. Since then I've tried to run them in on short runs, used em for walking around town, to pub etc to no avail.
    Had the mallet and the kettle to em - they've been ok for walking around in so last weekend went for 15m on Kinder - BIG mistake!
    They haven't blistered me this time, but the achillies feel like they've been in a vice, still aching over a week after.

Have given up with em now, time to buy more shoes again; think I'll look at the Invo8s DT mentions.
    Cheers Highy,
    Only had mine a couple of months, rubbed the first few runs then managed a couple of 10 milers no probs. Set off on a 22 miler and after 5 miles BOTHER!!!! Heels ain't healed yet and my achillies are aching over a week later.
    I'm thinking Inov8s too, never had no problems with the mudclaws.
    Guess some folk love em and others..............don't
    Hills and Guinness!