Thread: Dark Peak 4 Tops

Wink Dark Peak 4 Tops

Pete Simpson took advantage of the big freeze to romp round the Dark Peak 4 County Tops last Friday well within the 15 hour limit allowed in the over 60 category. This was the first winter completion of any of the 4 UK routes in the Over The Hill series.

The Bowland Dozen, the latest in the series, would also be a good one to do when it's frozen. Navigation in the dark would be assisted by the fence lines along most of the route.

Completions by any age group are recognised but there are age related first class times to add extra interest for the over 50's. See the site below for details.

http://www.gofar.org.uk

Re: Dark Peak 4 Tops

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MAN View Post
    Pete Simpson took advantage of the big freeze to romp round the Dark Peak 4 County Tops last Friday well within the 15 hour limit allowed in the over 60 category. This was the first winter completion of any of the 4 UK routes in the Over The Hill series.

Completions by any age group are recognised but there are age related first class times to add extra interest for the over 50's. See the site below for details.

http://www.gofar.org.uk
    Well done Pete

Any chance of a longer write up...

I've been sat in the house with a sick child for days unable to take advantage of the settled weather

Tony I appreciate that I'm not quite OTH yet and so cannot qualify for the club but does my February Round last year not count as a winter round

Wink Re: Dark Peak 4 Tops

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Well done Pete

......but does my February Round last year not count as a winter round
    Sorry mate, I can only accept official registrations undertaken on the official route. It probably sounds a bit officious but once you go down the road of making a challenge formal with time limits and registrations etc you have to stick with that so the challenge is identical for whoever does it. Otherwise believe me folk can get upset if you start recognising variations that they might consider to be easier.

If, like yourself, anyone wants to do the 4 tops on their own terms starting anywhere and on a route of their own choosing that's great as well ... some might say even better. I have no problems with that - it's all part of the sport