Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Flu

Re: Man Flu

Quote Originally Posted by Hes View Post
    My recent three day migraine coupled with period pain... seem like a walk in the park compared to what you guys have suffered.
    All the same jolly well done Hester . To be honest I doubt your migraine, which lets face it was only for three days, and period pain quite compares with the dreadful graze I have on the palm of my left hand from tripping up running down a farm track on Wednesday night. Its been two days now and I still have to use my right hand for the TV remote!!!

Super Moderator

I reckon I'm about 85% right again and thought about going for a run this evening, which is a good sign. Stef is ill now and I've taken on caring duties (making her a cup of tea, pouring my own beer, that kind of thing) :closed:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I reckon I'm about 85% right again and thought about going for a run this evening, which is a good sign. Stef is ill now and I've taken on caring duties (making her a cup of tea, pouring my own beer, that kind of thing) :closed:
    I do hope you're coping. It's probably not good at this point in your convalescence to be exposed again though. Have you suggested to Stef that she could cope in isolation to reduce the risk of you being doubly exposed to this terrible menace? I'm sure she'd understand :closed:

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Livi View Post
    Have you suggested to Stef that she could cope in isolation to reduce the risk of you being doubly exposed to this terrible menace? I'm sure she'd understand :closed:
    I think less enlightened men might see value in your suggestion. However as a confirmed 'new man' I don't think it'd be good for Stef being isolated in case she was worrying about how my recovery was progressing :closed:

My dad has just text to say he has man flu. I am not sure why - I think he just needed someone to know?

I think less enlightened men might see value in your suggestion. However as a confirmed 'new man' I don't think it'd be good for Stef being isolated in case she was worrying about how my recovery was progressing :closed:
    Sounds like she's making a meal of it.
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by L.F.F. View Post
    Sounds like she's making a meal of it.
    I'll be in Leicester later today for work. I've been told to punch you on the nose. You've been warned :w00t:

I'll be in Leicester later today for work. I've been told to punch you on the nose. You've been warned :w00t:
    Just thought of something: my eldest lad is at uni in Leicester, he's got a black belt in three different martial arts and has got a punch that would knock a carthorse down. He's always looking for beer money ..... I'm just saying if this needed to be done routinely, that's all.

Also, he would benefit from someone punching him back and straightening his nose out
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Sounds like I'll be keeping a low profile today.

I was going to anyway to be honest as I've woken up with a slightly achy little toe.
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

My leg fell off last week due to a cycling accident. It's growing back slowly...

Worse still, I never really shook off the tickley cough that cam along with the manflu I had 3 weeks or so ago, and now I am sniffling again. Another bout may be on the cards :thunbdown: