Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Flu

Re: Man Flu

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSwift View Post
    I.m with on that Steve, so much phlegm on my chest i haven't had a run for 3 weeks.
    Some nasty stuff going round Dave, going for a madras curry flush out tonight, 3m walk with dog and daughter has done me in, hope your running again soon;-)
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSwift View Post
    I.m with on that Steve, so much phlegm on my chest i haven't had a run for 3 weeks.
    I'm 4 weeks on and still coughing crap up.it's just not cricket

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I'm 4 weeks on and still coughing crap up.it's just not cricket
    Aye, bad news. It has also sprinkled some conjunctivitus fairy dust on my eyes. So Snot, sore throat, cough & myxamitosis! Great fun.
    Last edited by Rodders; 27-12-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: can't spell blind rabbit illness

Quote Originally Posted by Stef F View Post
    Darn man flu. I hope you feel better soon.

There is hope for me I think...only a sore throat now and I'm back to the normal gears on my cycle to work.

Water infection persists; the GP said I'd been given the wrong antibiotics (she seemed to be unconcerned that this was her doing). I'm now on a second course but no sign of any improvement yet. Grrr!
    The old water works are restored to normal but the man flu-type virus only faded to a background irritation and is now back in full force. Sore throat, sneezes, occasional cough, fatigue and blocked nose. Grrr, bother grrr!

Surely there must be a way to shift this damn bug? It seems to have been with me since November.
    Impossible is nothing!
    My blog

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Stef F View Post
    The old water works are restored to normal but the man flu-type virus only faded to a background irritation and is now back in full force. Sore throat, sneezes, occasional cough, fatigue and blocked nose. Grrr, bother grrr!

Surely there must be a way to shift this damn bug? It seems to have been with me since November.
    Stef you need a can of diet coke and a very small spoon or a quarter of a spoon of bicarbonate of soda. Diet coke wards off everything

Don't know if it has already been mentioned, but have you tried echinacea? Seemed to work for me just before Christmas, but I think you are supposed to take it as soon as the bug kicks in.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Stef you need a can of diet coke and a very small spoon or a quarter of a spoon of bicarbonate of soda. Diet coke wards off everything
    Will this not cause havoc with my insides? Does it have to be diet coke or have you suggested diet to assist with the lard loss campaigne?!

Diet coke tastes yuck but if it might shift this bug I'll give it a go.
    Impossible is nothing!
    My blog

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Don't know if it has already been mentioned, but have you tried echinacea? Seemed to work for me just before Christmas, but I think you are supposed to take it as soon as the bug kicks in.
    I've used echinacea before - maybe I'll swap from sugarless tea and coffee (yuck) to raspberry and echinacea tea (eaqually yuck but good for lard loss campaign!)

Nice avatar btw.
    Impossible is nothing!
    My blog

I'm three weeks into my manflu and have been taking antibiotics which seem to be helping with the pressure build up in my face and has stopped the imminent snot explosion that I was convinced was on its way and the odd squeaking that my cheeks were emitting but I am still coughing up gunk and running is out of the question I did manage to get up Ben Nevis last Sunday (walking) but only by hacking my guts up at every other step. Stef...echinacea really works (I didn't take any...as I was away from home) but I think you need the tincture. It is more effective. It is best to take it as soon as you start to feel under the weather.

sneeze cough sniff....dott happy...