Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Flu

Super Moderator

Re: Man Flu

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    My leg fell off last week due to a cycling accident. It's growing back slowly...

Worse still, I never really shook off the tickley cough that cam along with the manflu I had 3 weeks or so ago, and now I am sniffling again. Another bout may be on the cards :thunbdown:
    A leg falling off is a bit of a problem for a fell runner. However, a dose of MANflu is all together more serious :thunbdown:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    A leg falling off is a bit of a problem for a fell runner. However, a dose of MANflu is all together more serious :thunbdown:
    How can a GIRL get Man Flu???????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    How can a GIRL get Man Flu???????????????????????????????????
    Tut. They can't. This is probably just one of those coincidences that happen from time to time. I expect poor Stef (<- note sympathy) has caught some other bug that was floating around at the time, but although she will have been suffering, it won't be the same God-awful affliction that nearly did for DT. It's been scientifically proven that the female gender is genetically programmed to be resistant to MF, this is nature's way of compensating for the preponderance of testosterone in males

Actually, I'd better shut up. She doesn't live far away and my nose has already been bust a few times.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    Tut. They can't. This is probably just one of those coincidences that happen from time to time. I expect poor Stef (<- note sympathy) has caught some other bug that was floating around at the time, but although she will have been suffering, it won't be the same God-awful affliction that nearly did for DT. It's been scientifically proven that the female gender is genetically programmed to be resistant to MF, this is nature's way of compensating for the preponderance of testosterone in males

Actually, I'd better shut up. She doesn't live far away and my nose has already been bust a few times.

Playing with fire there Mart:w00t:

I'm now recovering from my severe case of GIRLflu and can happily report that the final traces of it might be seen off by a quality glass of red. HOWEVER, sparkling wine could be needed to repair the damage caused by Martyn's sexist outpourings above :thumbup::closed::w00t:
    Impossible is nothing!
    My blog

BIRDFlu getting worse here :thunbdown: I have lost the use of one nostril completely (the opposite side to the newly grown back leg), and I think there is some wire wool stuck in my throat.

Good job I am brave :closed:

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    BIRDFlu getting worse here :thunbdown: I have lost the use of one nostril completely (the opposite side to the newly grown back leg), and I think there is some wire wool stuck in my throat.

Good job I am brave :closed:
    Hang in there OneHillWonder. I know it's scant consolation when you're a bit off it with the loss of a nostril and a missing leg, but just think, if a man had the same bug he'd be suffering more than you :closed:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Stef F View Post
    I'm now recovering from my severe case of GIRLflu and can happily report that the final traces of it might be seen off by a quality glass of red. HOWEVER, sparkling wine could be needed to repair the damage caused by Martyn's sexist outpourings above :thumbup::closed::w00t:
    I'm sorry I have some nice wine for you to make up for my sexist outpourings.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Hang in there OneHillWonder. I know it's scant consolation when you're a bit off it with the loss of a nostril and a missing leg, but just think, if a man had the same bug he'd be suffering more than you :closed:
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    I'm sorry I have some nice wine for you to make up for my sexist outpourings.
    DT see what happens when you dismiss our suffering. Where's my wine?

I don't believe this!

3rd bout of GIRLFlu since mid October!!!!!!!!! :thunbdown::sneaky::angry:

Why? :boohoo: