Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inov8s irritating tendons

Re: Inov8s irritating tendons

I had a pair of Inov8s for over a year - nothing but trouble. They ripped my ankles every time I used them. I recently bought a pair of Walsh's and wished I had bought them instead of the Inov8s. What a dream they are to run in.

I think I'm giving up on the inov 8s I'm on my third pair (290s) but each one has been different - I like them when they are worn in but it doesn't seem to be happening this time. Whenever I need to rely on a pair of shoes even on a long - run e.g. 4 inns, HPM its been the Walshes, but I could do with a bit more cushioning, and that's I want the inov8s for. the build quality seems really variable - this time the heel cup is too low for e.g. and rubs like mad after a couple of hours. I've had enough and going to stick to the tried and trusted: trail shoes for training, walshes for racing.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Just thought I'd add my two penneth worth....

At the start of the year I bought a pair of 330s, an "upgrade" (or so I thought) to my knackered ol' 290s......how wrong I was.

Initially, the 330s continually rubbed on the back of my achilles, particularly badly on just one foot, resulting in a huge blood blister. It got so bad that at one point that I consigned them to the box and ran in my disintegrating 290s for a month. Went back and tried them on again and they were more comfortable, but not much. They are a much lower cut and less snug fit (for me) than 290s so that may have something to do with it.

Seems that for, say, 1h 30 - 2hours on the hills the 330s are OK, but for longer runs they start to become really painful and affect my stride. They're also not half as stable on hard compact surfaces, maybe it's to do with the height of the studs (they're a lot higher than "normal" fell shoes I think).

The other week I invested in another pair of 290s. Tried them on out of the box and they're as comfy as slippers! Will keep the 330s for short muddy races - roll on winter!