Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Half Tour of Pendle is FULL

Re: Half Tour of Pendle is FUL

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Entry form came out on the 1st of January

Oh well excuse me...........I like to think I have more of a life than waiting for the entry forms to come out

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Claw Lassalle View Post
    Oh well excuse me...........I like to think I have more of a life than waiting for the entry forms to come out
    I smell a wind up.
    If you really want to do a race, especially if you are hoping for a champs placing, then you send off the entry forms as soon as they come out to avoid not getting in, what's so 'get a life' about that?

Banned

Not meant to be having go at you DCL

Just making the point that if the championship is someones goal then there has been 3 weeks in which to enter.

If I remember rightly the 3 peaks limit was 1000 and that was full so why pick a race for the championship (and the 1st champs of the year) with such a low limit. I may be wrong (usually) but I bet a lot more than me are pi**ed that they can't get a run!

This year I stayed up until midnight to ensure I got a place in the 3P (there are still a handfull of places left at the time of this posting!) which means I am quite sad or perhaps keen to ensure I get an entry for somthing I want to do.........

I ummed and ard about entering and think I ummed once too many times and missed out.

I'm interested have championship races always sold out or is it a new phenominom over the past couple of years? I've pretty much decided I'm not doing championship races till I know I will win points. I've decided I like supporting the smaller races now whether it be on the road or on the fells. I also like prize hunting hence the smaller races.

If I remember rightly the 3 peaks limit was 1000 and that was full so why pick a race for the championship (and the 1st champs of the year) with such a low limit. I may be wrong (usually) but I bet a lot more than me are pi**ed that they can't get a run!
    The three peaks declared a limit of 750 but actually let everyone who did not have a wooden leg race.

The Championship races are supposed to identify Champions, not let Riff and Raff have a run.

A limit of 400 for the Half-Tour seems fair enough (less than 200 finishers last year)and is certainly enough to allow anyone who is serious to enter.

Do you know Wasdale is limited to 250?

Quote Originally Posted by end View Post
    The three peaks declared a limit of 750 but actually let everyone who did not have a wooden leg race.
    No wooden legs allowed in the 3P's and no fancy dress allowed at Snowden?? What is this discriminatory sport coming to?

Banned

A short race with no entry limit would be best.
    Run 2 races (Ladies and Mens)

Blackstone edge last year, middle of summer, less than 200 men and 100 Ladies ran that Championship event.

We will learn one day

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    No wooden legs allowed in the 3P's and no fancy dress allowed at Snowden?? What is this discriminatory sport coming to?

As long as they allow runners with wooden heads some of us will be OK.