Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowland Night Race

Re: Bowland Night Race

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    Only me and Steve Brock went straight to the summit (the optimum route). I think all the next 5 or 6 kept to the wall (wimps ) as when we both turned at the summit we saw them coming in from that direction.
    Sticking to my well thought out plan of following someone who might just know where they were going, I caught John Ward up at the col and we headed straight for the summit (well he did - I just stuck in behind him). We got lost slightly on the return, getting into some peat hags but it probably only cost us 30 seconds or so. John pulled away a little on the descent to the col, I caught him up before Parlick then he gained about 15 seconds on the run-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post

It is also worth mentioning Millipede also raced last night.
    Thanks. You are too kind

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    the (very nice) barmaid
    Funny. I heard that mentioned by others

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    I was the marshal on Parlick Pike - the 1st (and last) summit.
    I wondered how you knew my name. Thanks for the good directions.

eyeclosing sleet/hail
    I found a very nice man to run through the hail with.....................and it wasn't Derby Tup.

Thanks Trundler and helpers. We had a fab night.

Yep, great night out on the Bowland Fells. Thats the last time I follow a local (Ali) thought you would know the way to Paddys Pole from the stile!!!
    Antisocial, thanks for letting the gate shut on me just before the finish, would have had you other wise !!!!
    Big thankyou to all the marshalls for braving the weather, rather you than me. You all deserve a medal.
    The guy (Mike I think) with the dog, hows its paw, I was the one that rescued it from being tangled in the fence. Hope its okay, seemed ok when it shot off.
    Yes where were the Wharfdale Arriers !!!
    After climbing a great hill one only finds that there are many more hills to climb ......

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    Yep, great night out on the Bowland Fells. Thats the last time I follow a local (Ali) thought you would know the way to Paddys Pole from the stile!!!
    Antisocial, thanks for letting the gate shut on me just before the finish, would have had you other wise !!!!
    Big thankyou to all the marshalls for braving the weather, rather you than me. You all deserve a medal.
    The guy (Mike I think) with the dog, hows its paw, I was the one that rescued it from being tangled in the fence. Hope its okay, seemed ok when it shot off.
    Yes where were the Wharfdale Arriers !!!

In your dreams Tomsk, I slowed a bit due to lack of light and not knowing if I was on the right path, but you would not have caught me. Not sure what I was supposed to have done about a self closing gate - held it open for you I suppose whilst you dashed past.

I would have actually waited and held the gate for you but I did not have a book with me to pass the time whilst you ran to it.

[quote=millipede;190064]Thanks. You are too kind

I found a very nice man to run through the hail with.....................and it wasn't Derby Tup.

Well it wouldn't be would it - you said a nice man

Quote Originally Posted by Trundler View Post
    Thanks for all the favourable comments everyone. Glad you enjoyed the challenge that the Bowland fells ably laid on for you!

I must publicly thank my ace team of helpers, Pam, Andy, Leigh, Gill, Roy, Ian and Jo).

It was good to see K&C upholding the honour of the white rose (where were the Wharfedalers?) with Steve Brock winning. Clayton's Mapper came in 2nd and Ali and Mike were 3rd and 4th - flying the Bowland flag!

I also thank Trundler (well it had to happen one day), Paul Walsh and Millipede: especially Millipede.

Fellhound

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
    I also thank Trundler (well it had to happen one day)
    I always said you were a nice bloke really...

Talking Re: Bowland Night Race

In your dreams Tomsk, I slowed a bit due to lack of light and not knowing if I was on the right path, but you would not have caught me. Not sure what I was supposed to have done about a self closing gate - held it open for you I suppose whilst you dashed past.

I would have actually waited and held the gate for you but I did not have a book with me to pass the time whilst you ran to it.
    Nice one anti, now we know how sociable you are. Didn't know you could read !!!!
    See you next time
    After climbing a great hill one only finds that there are many more hills to climb ......

Think it was me you followed, Antisocial. Thought you'd be Rhylly tired after your long journey but you were too good for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by God's oddment View Post
    Think it was me you followed, Antisocial. Thought you'd be Rhylly tired after your long journey but you were too good for me at least.
    I was , which is why i was waiting for Tomsk, but he wouldn't keep up, like you.