Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wadsworth Half Trog

Wadsworth Half Trog

My brother is signing me and him for this. Anyone else doing it? Any reviews of it at all?

Banned

Re: Wadsworth Half Trog

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    My brother is signing me and him for this. Anyone else doing it? Any reviews of it at all?
    Only 90+ posts on this thread
    http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?t=3340

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Stagger

Don't be upsetting a Magician. They might put a spell on you!
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flightless Bird View Post
    Stagger

Don't be upsetting a Magician. They might put a spell on you!
    Last time he ran was Chipping show 2007

Thumbs up Re: Wadsworth Half Trog

Magiciam

Just ignore the grumpy old men

The half trog is altogether a more civilised affair compared to the full. Have done both & maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, but I for one can't be bothered knocking out the mileage in training in Dec & Jan in order to do a Long un in what may be tough conditions.

Also when you finish you will get admire the sight of seeing Karl G storming home having done the Full trog.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhar View Post
    Magiciam

Just ignore the grumpy old men

The half trog is altogether a more civilised affair compared to the full. Have done both & maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, but I for one can't be bothered knocking out the mileage in training in Dec & Jan in order to do a Long un in what may be tough conditions.

Also when you finish you will get admire the sight of seeing Karl G storming home having done the Full trog.
    Looking like he's only done the half That's was an inspiration last year eh Manhar?
    I for one am getting dafter in my old age, so its the full for me, but the half is a good un, in its own right
    Hills and Guinness!

I'm thinking I might try and do this...although this morning's recce is making me think that I should think again!
    I can find my way round OK, but coming back up from the dam at CP2, does anyone know if there is a trod you can pick up and follow, or is scrabbling about in the bracken in the correct general direction the only way? I'm not asking you to tell me where any secret time saving paths are - I'll go and recce it again myself - but I'd just like to know if there's actually a trod there to find before I go rummaging about in the undergrowth again! If a scramble up the side of the gully through all the bracken is the only solution, then so be it and I'll just have to munch a few jelly babies to make the most of the slow ascent.

For anyone who hasn't realised, the Half Trog has been separated from the Full Trog, and this year is on the same day as the FRA Dinner, which this year is being held near Huddersfield. So, you can come and do the Half Trog, go out for a knees up and a hog roast, and treat it all as a recce for the Full Trog in February. £5 entry for the Half Trog (I think there might even be some soup included in the pub after) and £15 for the FRA dinner...can anyone think of a better way to spend £20 on 12th November? See www.cvfr.co.uk for full details.

Yes, that's a plug, but I really do want my CP2 question answered too!

[QUOTE=jellybabyfairy;439985]I'm thinking I might try and do this...although this morning's recce is making me think that I should think again!
    I can find my way round OK, but coming back up from the dam at CP2, does anyone know if there is a trod you can pick up and follow

There is a trod up from the reservoir, it's pretty obvious when you see it, you have to run alongside the reservoir for about 200m, it goes straight up when the path bends. When you get to the top there are bits of trods as far as the water conduit (cross on one of the bridges) from there you're pretty much on your own, I've yet to find any kind of trod across to Cock Hill. Enjoy

There has had to be a change to the race route...
    Unfortunately there is pheasant shooting in the Castle Carr estate on that day, and its probably best not to risk runners being mistaken for pheasants and filled with buckshot!!

So the route will not now descend to the Dean Head Reservoirs (CP2) – instead it will continue along the conduit to the corner of Warley Moor res and then follow the fence line to Cock Hill. The rest of the route is unchanged.

Sorry that you will no longer have the pleasure of the scramble out of the estate, Jellybabyfairy - but I'm sure you enjoyed the reccying anyway :wink:
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Half killed my mate on the way to the res. today, he will half kill me when he finds out we did not need to do it
    Stephen Batley Skyrac AC,
    Specific,Measurable,Attainable,Relevant and Time-Bound