Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Wadsworth Half Trog

What a fabulous race - thanks so much Thirza and team a superb event.
    Great being navigationally challenged with you Tussockface

Quote Originally Posted by Livi View Post
    What a fabulous race - thanks so much Thirza and team a superb event.
    Great being navigationally challenged with you Tussockface
    An extra hill is always a bonus.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

I liked the design of the CP at Cock Hill - I'm already looking at incorporating this into Heptonstall's CPs; for those who did nt run, the CP consisted of a long, taped funnel. constructed to allow marshals the opportunity to make absolutely sure that every number was taken. I heard the marshals stop one runner where the number was not visible; he was made to wait until the number was shown. Taking 100% of numbers at every CP is always a challenge particularly when 200 runners are bunched, and many are wearing waterproofs over their numbers. This a great way to deal with some of the new safety guidelines without resorting to chips and dibbers.
    CP funnels are a simple, low cost solution; some of the early checkpoints at Heptonstall have runners arriving at the rate of 30-40 per minute, races with this volume of number taking could construct 2 funnels to avoid bottleneck delays. An idea worth sharing I think,

Marshalled for the 1st time ever yesterday and me and the daughter enjoyed it,perfect day and location next to the pub,wouldn't like to do it in bad conditions

Thanks everyone for a great day at Half Trog. Weather was great . I have a bum bag belonging to one of you so if you email me (details on Half Trog page of CVFR site) or PM me I'll try and make arrangements to get it back to you. The only down side to yesterday was a runner joined in the race somewhere near the start, no number no bum bag, he ran round the route and was asked numerous times where his number was to which he replied it was in the car. This was a lie as we knew from the offset how many runners were in the race and I was in regular contact with the marshal out on the route. He then ran towards the finish, diverted off jumped in his car and drove off. I as the RO didn't actually have any responsibility for him as he wasn't registered but it could have caused problems. Why I ask unless he was either too tight to part with £4.00 or for some reason he shouldn't have been in the race!!! The mystery continues.

Banned
    Sniper's will man the checkpoints in future.

On a serious note, after all thats been said and done there are still numpties on the loose.

Anyone got any photos of the joker so correct punishment can be meated down?

Glad it all went OK other wise Thirza.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Sniper's will man the checkpoints in future.

On a serious note, after all thats been said and done there are still numpties on the loose.

Anyone got any photos of the joker so correct punishment can be meated down?

Glad it all went OK other wise Thirza.
    Can't see any photos would do any good, you would hope the moron isn't in the FRA, as for any punishment I guess his answer would be that he was just out for a run, nothing to do with the race. As you say a sniper could be the best option

Troglet photo's

Here are a selection of photographs taken at Cock Hill
    Allan G

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ainley-topper/sets/
    Allan Greenwood - Calder Valley Fell Runners