Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preston

Preston

Loads of you lot are from Preston aren't you?

What did you think of those 5 characters on 'come dine with me' last week?
    does anybody know (of) any of them?
    I have just watched all 5 episodes - hugely entertaining TV. If you missed it I strongly advise you to watch via the catchup thingy on www.

Would be hilarious if Valerie was Als gran
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Re: Preston

Preston indeed - But cant say im proud of the City.

As for the programme your mentioning i cant say ive seen it.

And no, 'Val' is not my gran....you know, although lancashire may be behind times and we still go down' pit from sunrise to sunset...theres more than one old lady round here.

C'mon Al you know more than you are letting on to dont you?
    If Valerie isnt your gran then how come you know she gets called Val for short?? eh? eh?

And you should be proud of your hometown, Ive never seen it other than during a drive straight through by accident once but at least it's not mistaken for being in Scotland.

Perhaps that begs a new question -

Where is the best place to live??

If i didnt have to work I would say it would be in a tumbledown farmhouse down a quiet lane a mile or two from Ambleside.

And what about the worst place??

Barrow has always seemed pretty crap whenever I have been there - friendly people though - a man helped me get my dog back when she ran away from the beach (think she was scared of the waves)
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by bestathlete View Post
    C'mon Al you know more than you are letting on to dont you?
    If Valerie isnt your gran then how come you know she gets called Val for short?? eh? eh?

And you should be proud of your hometown, Ive never seen it other than during a drive straight through by accident once but at least it's not mistaken for being in Scotland.

Perhaps that begs a new question -

If i didnt have to work I would say it would be in a tumbledown farmhouse down a quiet lane a mile or two from Ambleside.

Barrow has always seemed pretty crap whenever I have been there - friendly people though - a man helped me get my dog back when she ran away from the beach (think she was scared of the waves)
    Hahaha, i thought you put val so i wrote that....ooops.

Well im proud on my hometown in the sence of where i actually live - 5 miles outside of the city centre. So i have some ace places to run literally outside my doorstep - field, after field.
    But i cant say i like the city centre. Its the scum-bags that ruin it. We've got some smart historic buildings which are good to have, but we've got the scum who you dont feel safe when you have to walk past.
    After a track session with harriers one wednesday night when Emmilou kindly gave me a life from the track to the startion - i accidently made eye contact with this guy and he wanted to batter me.

If i could live anywhere it would defo be the Lakes - where exactly im unsure yet.
    Last edited by Al Fowler; 25-01-2009 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bestathlete View Post

Too easy by half

Best, Yorkshire of course

Worst even easier- Blackpool

Well i would say Halifax, or Yorkshire Dales, as i had some happy times there, I live in Manchester because my sister does, that is the only reason, oh apart from my job which i love! But i love places like Halifax or even Glossop, anywhere like those towns that have the old stone cottages and hills...Lovely!

I use to live in East Grinstead and Chichester and both of those places are also places i would love to go live in, but the prices for property there are now silly!

One of my sisters live in Preston, and i thought the place was a dump! but that was close to a road called Blackpool Road, which for what i remember i thought was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaBliss View Post
    Well i would say Halifax, or Yorkshire Dales, as i had some happy times there, I live in Manchester because my sister does, that is the only reason, oh apart from my job which i love! But i love places like Halifax or even Glossop, anywhere like those towns that have the old stone cottages and hills...Lovely!

I use to live in East Grinstead and Chichester and both of those places are also places i would love to go live in, but the prices for property there are now silly!

[B]One of my sisters live in Preston, and i thought the place was a dump! but that was close to a road called Blackpool Road, which for what i remember i thought was horrible.
    It is a dump yes - but thats because it is near a place called 'Ribbleton' - which is one of the roughest places in preston!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    It is a dump yes - but thats because it is near a place called 'Ribbleton' - which is one of the roughest places in preston!

I know her address, but it don't contain Ribbleton in the address, i haven't seen her in years...

Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaBliss View Post
    I know her address, but it don't contain Ribbleton in the address, i haven't seen her in years...
    If you look on google earth or google maps it is very close -too close!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    If you look on google earth or google maps it is very close -too close!
    Haha well thats probably why i do not visit, the last time i did was possibly 15 years ago! bad eh! but shes the eldest, and i am the youngest, and we never were close...