Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Personal Goals

Re: Personal Goals

TO be able to actually run a race at all this year would be good. Hoping to recover from last year's Ennerdale injury ....... Still problems with a suspected broken talus......

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Only ever done the 1 marathon in 3:03 at Snowdon with gut issues in bad weather, so on a flat course low 2:50's should be comfortable.

Did 1:21 something for a half marathon, but that was the day after doing a 10k race,

34:24 pb for 10k

I've done 16:50 or so for 5k but that was race the train which doesn't really count.

Never done a 10. The 10 should be straight forward, I'm consistently running sub 36 10k's even on hilly routes, but it's just finding a 10 when I'm free. I'm now doing the Highland Fling when our localish 10 miler is on in Wrexham.
    As I thought a lot of it is down to lack of opportunity rather than ability. For some reason I thought you'd run other marathons prior to Snowdownia and was aware of your problems on the day.

I had hoped to do the Highland Fling too, but can't afford to
    Hoping for a far more successful 2009

Quote Originally Posted by mxhornet View Post
    I had hoped to do the Highland Fling too, but can't afford to
    Even for us from North Wales that's a problem, we were going to miss it, but decided to run. My sister lives near the start so the accomodation is sorted, it's just petrol which is still £100 or so.

two toenails

My personal goal is to be fell running at 70, still be competitive and give the younger ones ( the 60 year olds ) a run for their money.
    AND to pop my clogs at an appropriate point in a race, just having taken in a fantastic view (possibly a young female running by - 50 years old). I can't think of a better way to shuffle off the earth.

Started running aged 42 (4 yrs ago) and did my first fell race, Gt Hucklow, two years later ... ran Edale Skyline, Wasdale (nearly last but finished!) and Wincle Trout Race last year ... this year's entries in are the Edale Skyline, FRA nav course, 3 Peaks, Wasdale, Snowdon, Ben Nevis and Langdale and any others I can squeeze in ... love running/walking in the hills (and it will be walking if I complete that lot) ... gets me out of Brighton, too. Joined Dark Peak FR ... goal is to do a MM or two and maybe a BG ... when/if I'm 50.

Make it through the next shooting season...
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Make it through the next shooting season...

i doubt it there is a buy one get one free at the gun shop.

Master and MR

my goal this year is to meet many more great friends on the fells

if they are ladies even better

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    My goals are literally to see how far I can go and a BGR sooner rather than later is part of that
    Are you going to continue to be coy about this DT? Go on man, name the date!!!

I'm going for 13th June. Plenty of training to do between now and then...and since you're probably on the road between the new place and the Lakes, you'd be more than welcome on my recce trips.

Only problem might be that I'll be doing anti-clockwise recces!

Oh.. personal goals...just the one right now really (see above), but as part of the training for that I'm looking forward to the Wadsworth Trog, Wuthering Hike, Calderdale Hike, 3 Peaks and Old County Tops.
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

Well its hard to make any goals for this year as everything i'd planned so far has gone down the drain.

Im going to have a go at a few club champ races this year and maybe in a couple of seasons be challenging to win it.

It would be silly not to say that at some point in my life try a BG.

Be nice to get some of the lake land classics under my belt - few years off that yet though.

Need to get my knees sorted and then train more regularly compared to what i used to and to HTFU!

Need a car aswel.