Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Activity

Activity

I see we have 2001 members but only a third are "active".

Perhaps some have passed on and now lie beneath track & field.

Time for a cull?

FellMonster

Re: Activity

That post has served only to heighten my disappointment that you will no longer be profiling for the FRA mag

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post

Time for a cull?
    Graham, what is the definition of 'active' , merely those whose name appears on the results sheet of FRA sanctioned races? As Clayton's John Reade once wrote in one of his FRM editorials, some 25 years ago,.......... ".....remember we are the Fell RUNNERS' Association, not merely the Fell RACERS' Association....".
    My running is currently curtailed due to RTA injuries, but I'm still quite 'active' marshalling etc. When I am running - usually 4 or 5 times per week - I rarely race.
    I would consider that gauging the level of 'active' FRA members is anything but an exact science.
    Ian.

Time for a cull?
    Crikey, sounds drastic!

If having so many 'dormant' forumites is a problem, then perhaps those who haven't "logged in" for quite a while can be sent a reminder email to log in within 7 days(?) or so. Otherwise their account(s) lapse.

Over to the FRA "powers that be" that look after the site. Brett?

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Graham, what is the definition of 'active' , merely those whose name appears on the results sheet of FRA sanctioned races? As Clayton's John Reade once wrote in one of his FRM editorials, some 25 years ago,.......... ".....remember we are the Fell RUNNERS' Association, not merely the Fell RACERS' Association....".
    My running is currently curtailed due to RTA injuries, but I'm still quite 'active' marshalling etc. When I am running - usually 4 or 5 times per week - I rarely race.
    I would consider that gauging the level of 'active' FRA members is anything but an exact science.
    Ian.
    Ian,

My humble post merely referred to finger posting; not those who stand by or run past the real thing made of wood.

On the face of it a Forum membership of over 2000 implies almost 30% of the FRA membership: but when one examines that some members have not logged on for a year, let alone ever posted, then any argument (beloved by some) that the Forum well represents the general view of the fellrunning community appears less robust.

Just an idle thought.

Graham

Ian,

My humble post merely referred to finger posting; not those who stand by or run past the real thing made of wood.

On the face of it a Forum membership of over 2000 implies almost 30% of the FRA membership: but when one examines that some members have not logged on for a year, let alone ever posted, then any argument (beloved by some) that the Forum well represents the general view of the fellrunning community appears less robust.

Just an idle thought.

Graham
    Heaven forbid that this place represents the general view of the fell running community .

It represents the general view of the weirdos within the fell running community I thought.

Graham, my humble apologies! As I did not read the word 'forum' in your original post, I assumed that you were referring to membership of the REAL FRA at large, not the wierdos (Stolly's terminology ) that constitue the 'apparent, cyber' FRA.

Ian.

any argument (beloved by some) that the Forum well represents the general view of the fellrunning community appears less robust.
    I would have thought that this Forum was exceptionally representative of fell runners who while away the hours in front of a PC while they should be out running.

Like your good self, Graham?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph Hooker View Post
    I would have thought that this Forum was exceptionally representative of fell runners who while away the hours in front of a PC while they should be out running.

Like your good self, Graham?

Oh I dont know; are 79 races in 2008 not enough?

I happily while away some time on here with fellow fell loving weirdo's while my ankle ligaments heal, so I can go out properly again

Just to stay in touch with things, so to speak
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi